Mid-October Sailing in Western Caribbean

mr.p

For all you experienced cruisers, what is the weather like in mid-October? Will be sailing on the Carnival Ecstasy October 16th. I am interested in if shorts and swim wear are still comfortable on deck or if it has cooled down enough with the ship's speed that sunning is not still an option. I know it is hurricane season and all, so things can be variable but typically is it still warm enough to lounge around and then break out a sweater or light jacket in the evening.

Thanks for your help.

p

For all you experienced cruisers, what is the weather like in mid-October? Will be sailing on the Carnival Ecstasy October 16th. I am interested in if shorts and swim wear are still comfortable on deck or if it has cooled down enough with the ship's speed that sunning is not still an option. I know it is hurricane season and all, so things can be variable but typically is it still warm enough to lounge around and then break out a sweater or light jacket in the evening.

Thanks for your help.

p

Plenty warm, unless it is a raging cold front storm...

Mid October is the only time that we cruise. We have been on a total of 4 cruise so far. Weather is very warm, and we have a had an occasional storm at sea. Storms have not been severe enough to cause discomfort (sea sickness) I think if you take them in a positive way (something you do not see everyday) and watch the lightening running through the waves you really forget about the motion and see the beauty. during the days in port it can and often does become extra humid. Swimwear and shorts are all we wear. have a great cruise!!!!:)

We had great weather in Oct when we did the Western Carib. on the Inspiration. We swam and wore shorts and it was never cold. I've done 2 Dec. cruises and was warm then also. It's always nice in the tropics.:D

October is great for cruising. Days are plenty warm enough (often still in the 90's) and there'll be plenty of time for you to "lounge on deck". Of course, there are sometimes storms in October (it is hurricane season after all), but we've really enjoyed our fall cruises. Keep in mind that the weather may still be very hot on your shore excursions, so drink water and use plenty of SPF. Enjoy your cruise!!

bill

Archived