Fred Olsen - Braemar

maclon

Braemar has now vanished from the schedules for 2 months next year, May thru July. She is earmarked for refurbishment, possible lengthening by 90ft (as Balmoral), addition of an observation deck and increase in draught to help with the 'Braemar side step' in choppy seas.

i did a post on roll calls but no reply to anyone been or going on the braemar. but this site is better. how stable is the ship? had any choppy seas? as i'm taking my girlfriend on her 1st cruise on mini cruise 4th august. see someone is doing her on 28th july must be a short cruise ending in leith where we board. done mostly mini cruises and quite enjoyed them apart from the CRUISE FROM HELL ON THE BLACK PRINCE. we are in 3111 not far from yours so might get lorna too. i was on her in 1994 as the CROWN DYNASTY. my friend is apt top get sick so muast get something just in case. are there any formal nnights on the mini cruises? as need to get her something to wer.

looking forward to hearing from anyone.

dave

Hoping she is pretty stable we sail on the 28th for a week doing the Norwegian Fjords, just hope all this rain this month has dissapeared by then. Now counting down the weeks.

Trish

Guest Anorak33

If you are going to Bergen they say it rains 300 days a year there, and snows the other 65.

Take a brolly, its a few minute walk into the town centre but well worth doing.

• 9 months later...

Just booked a holiday on Braemar for 13th July and have now seen on these boards that it is going to be 'stretched'. The first scheduled cruise after stretching is our one on the 13th July!

Do you think it will be ready in time? What should I be asking Fred Olsen? How long does it take to 'stretch' a boat?

We first sailed on this ship in '92 when it was called the Crown Dynasty. I think it may have been its maiden voyage but I'm not sure. What a coincidence that I'll be on the 'stretched' maiden voyage!

As you can probably tell I am starting to panic about this! Do I need to worry????????????

Sweep

I think you will find it is is a bit early to start worrying about Braemar. She will be out of action for a few weeks. I would wait until a couple of weeks before hand and contact Fred Olsen to see what has happening.

I can understand your worry. I was booked on the Balmoral's maiden cruise and that was cancelled. I got just under 48 hours notice.

Archived