Waitlists DO work! Yahoooo!

I started a thread a few weeks ago about waitlists. I wondered if you waitlist yourself for a particular cabin - does RCI actually call if that cabin becomes available?

THEY DO!

I just got a call from my TA that RCI had sent a fax letting us know that the cabin we had waitlisted for was available!

We are now the happiest cruisers in the world!

Radiance corner aft 9256 is ours! :D

I booked an oceanview for upcoming sovereign in 36 days, and being that it is only a 3 day sailing, I elected no balcony.. after just having come off enchantment for 4 nights on Monday.. I want my balcony.. I was so spolied with coffee and breakfast on teh balcony.. I called to see if a JS is available and they are all sold out so I am waitlisted for a JS.. I hope I get one even if it is an extra 600 for only 3 nights.. the balcony is THAT good! I really hope I get a call that one opens up.. or that maybe one will be available at the pier at check in

I just booked 9256 for an alaska cruise next year, and have 9258 this year.

Here it is again (second down on left):

jewelaft.jpg

Thanks for the pic! Now I am really freaking out! The balcony looks HUGE!

Congrats Ck!! I hope I'm as lucky as you for the cabin that I have waitlisted for my March cruise! Its nice to know good things happen to good people, like YOU. :)

Thanks so much Over the Edge!

I hope that everyone's waitlist dreams come true - including yours because you deserve it :)

Congrats!!! No more worry of having to pack and move to that "other" cabin next door!!!! Glad to know the wait lists do work!

Arizona -

Right idea, wrong cruise! LOL

I am still waitlisted for the same cabin for both weeks of my B2B on the AOS in February!

Cabin 9256 was the one I waitisted for about 5 months ago for my Radiance cruise this November!

Thanks for your good wishes! :)

Congratulations! We are in the same situation. We booked our Med cruise next summer in the first two minutes to get the cabin you have. Then, three days later they cancelled our itinerary because of a charter. Surely they knew this was in the works three days earlier but in any event, we took a hump cabin and are now waitlisted for the one you show. I hope we get it now, seeing this picture!!!

Congrats!!! No more worry of having to pack and move to that "other" cabin next door!!!! Glad to know the wait lists do work!

Arizona -

Right idea, wrong cruise! LOL

I am still waitlisted for the same cabin for both weeks of my B2B on the AOS in February!

Cabin 9256 was the one I waitisted for about 5 months ago for my Radiance cruise this November!

Thanks for your good wishes! :)

OH! :o Sorry I got them mixed up, I guess you have too many wait lists for me to follow. :D Well maybe that wait list will come through too!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed. ;)

Do they charge the same for the corner aft as they do for the room beside it? Sure looks like there's a "CAT" they could have for these as high in demand as they are.

Sshhhh!!!!!

I'm constantly surprised they don't charge more for these.

Sshhhh!!!!!

I'm constantly surprised they don't charge more for these.

Hey Schplinky! How are ya?

Yes, we need to be VERY quiet about the fact these coveted D1 afts are the same price as a D1 anywhere else on the ship :rolleyes:

OH! :o Sorry I got them mixed up, I guess you have too many wait lists for me to follow. :D Well maybe that wait list will come through too!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed. ;)

Thanks Arizona - I am really hoping that we will end up with the same cabin for both weeks of our B2B! When I made the original reservation, we were only planning to cruise one week so we got the cabin we wanted. Then we were convinced to do a B2B ( yah, took a lot of convincing! LOL) so we reserved for the week before our original booking and were not able to get the same cabin as week #2 - although we are only 2 cabins away it still means we have to move!

Maybe I can strike a deal with the folks who have cabin 1694 booked on the February 25th sailing of the AOS - to give that baby up so we can have it! Wishful thinking I know.........:rolleyes:

Hey Schplinky! How are ya?

Yes, we need to be VERY quiet about the fact these coveted D1 afts are the same price as a D1 anywhere else on the ship :rolleyes:

I'm great, thanks. We're closing in on our Freedom cruise and life is good. I'm still hopeful about the aft on Brilliance but even if we don't get that, the hump by the elevator (which we have) looks promising.

I'm great, thanks. We're closing in on our Freedom cruise and life is good. I'm still hopeful about the aft on Brilliance but even if we don't get that, the hump by the elevator (which we have) looks promising.

I just looked at your compilation of cruise pics and they are outstanding! You are quite the shutterbug ;)

How's the Nation's Capital these days? We were thinking of a weekend trip......it's just that the drive from Toronto is the longest 4 hours with absolutely nothing to see! UUUGH!

Thanks. Mike takes most of the pictures but I'll pass on the compliment. The heat index was 48 here (120 farenheit) on Tuesday. It's been a long hot summer!!!

I agree about the dull drive. Maybe take the train? It's fun and relaxing. We're off to Montreal this weekend. We seem never to stop. :)

Archived