cruise in February vs. November

We usually cruise the Caribbean the last week of November. We are thinking of taking a cruise in the middle of February.

Just wondering what the differences might be. Weather, water temperature and conditions for snorkeling, crowd, etc. etc.

Thanks for your help!

My biggest worry would be delays in air travel from winter snow storms in February. I would travel to get there the day before the cruise just to play it safe. I am in Boston, not sure where you are though.

I have done both the eastern and western carib. in the months of Jan., Feb., and March and have had weather that was good enough for beaches and snorkeling.

Daniel

Caribbean versus Chicago... in February!!!

I think I got the answer!!!!

Caribbean!!!!

Temps should be about 90 degrees different, 10 below in Chicago, 80 in St Thomas.

Actually, you should find February pretty darn nice.

February starts high season thus the prices are higher. From President's week forward you will find many more families and children (especially President's week as that is school vacation week for many in New England).

Western Caribbean will be perfect; water clear, warm low 80's and sunny usually including Labadee, RCI's private beach location.

Eastern Caribbean was rather chilly with tropical winds when we went the last week of February. Nassau was down right cool & very windy-Spring weight jacket weather. Been there in November and it was almost the same weather.

If you sail with a family February would be just fine. We often sail the last week which goes into March or the first full week in November.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Archived