Fort Lauderdale help for poor college students!

blaneyliss

I've read many of the posts about Fort Lauderdale and have checked into all of the recommended hotels for our pre-cruise stay, but it seems like anything decent is already sold out! I realize we waited too long to book our rooms, but we didn't know for sure how many were cruising with us so I put it off. So, I admit my mistake in waiting and see what a problem it caused now but I'm in a pickle!

We have 7 young people looking for just a decent place to stay October 27th for our cruise that departs on the 28th. What we were really hoping to do was to find a suite that would have 2 double beds and a sofa bed to sleep us all (i realize most hotels dont let you sleep that many but being the poor college cheapskates we are we've done it many times before) but we couldnt even find suites this big in any of the hotels. So, I looked into just getting 2 rooms at a decent price ($80 a piece) but everything seems to be sold out that is in the vicinity of Port Everglades.

I think maybe I just need some advice here as to what areas are close enough that it won't cost us an arm and a leg in taxi rides to and from the airport and cruiseport. I checked into the 17th St area and the rooms are just too pricey. Does anyone have any advice for us?

FOr Oct 27, 2006... You can get the Sleep Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport for $192. +taxes for a 6 person occ. (2 queen beds and a 2 person sofa bed)

I followed the directions provided on this link: http://www.smartertravel.com/discounts/Save-Quality-Comfort-Clarion.html?id=16348 to get $192. for 10/27/06... perhaps that will work for you?

Also, provides shuttle service to airport & cruise port... and includes breakfast.

A~

We have 7 young people looking for just a decent place to stay October 27th for our cruise that departs on the 28th.

Ah blaneyliss, the good old college days....seems like yesterday.....give this link a try see if they can hook you up. If they can't accomodate you ask them for suggestions. Let me know how you make out. ;)

http://www.fortlauderdalehostel.com/

Thank you! That is the best rate and room I've seen so far. The only issue is that we have 7 people and using a shuttle service they will know we have 7. I wonder if they would allow it if we let them know and they let us pay extra for the 7th person? Does anyone know if that is allowed?

Thank you! That is the best rate and room I've seen so far. The only issue is that we have 7 people and using a shuttle service they will know we have 7. I wonder if they would allow it if we let them know and they let us pay extra for the 7th person? Does anyone know if that is allowed?

Probably from the airport to the hotel you won't have a problem... but signing up for the shuttle to the pier could raise an eyebrow... although... you sign up and say there are 7 going with you... don't know if they ask for room numbers or not?!?! :confused: Maybe you could call them and say a friend is meeting up with you the morning of the cruise and would like to purchase a shuttle pass to the pier? Or maybe two of you could take a taxi and meet up with the others who take the provided shuttle?? I can't imagine them just letting you bring a seventh person when you are clearly booked for six... but who knows! The breakfast, on the other hand, shouldn't be a problem!

If you go to the link I provided, then "click here" at the first bullet, you will be getting a " Significant Organization Savings Rate"... type in Fort lauderdale and the date you are looking for with 6 people, then scroll down to the Sleep Inn Airport and "check rates and availability". Hopefully you will see the rate I mentioned above!

A~

I appreciate everyone's help here. We did decide to take a different avenue when I nabbed the awesome deal at the Renaissance on 17th Street on Hotwire. All of the other travel sites said this hotel was sold out, but then I saw the post about Hotwire and checked it out. We went ahead and reserved 2 rooms at $111 a piece, yes above our budget but to get to stay close to the port and have things to do around the hotel is worth the little extra, agreed? It's such a relief to have this taken care of! Thank you all!

Archived