Copenhagen Shuttle

dpro

Good Day All:

Has anyone on previous cruises been able to arrange private transport from Frihavn to the airport on the last cruise day? We are on the Star Princess arriving in Copenhagen on Sept 22. We need to get to the airport without much delay and don't know whether to chance a taxi without a reservation or not. I have been unable to find anything to arrange online. Princess transfers are an option buy pricey.

Regards,

Ron

Below are listed names and phone numbers of some of the major taxi companies in Copenhagen:

• TAXA 4x35: +45 3535 3535
  • Codan Taxi: +45 7025 2525
  • Taxa Motor: +45 7033 8338
  • Hovedstadens Taxi: +45 3877 7777

Just google them and see if they have an online website.

Should have mentioned, if it come up in danish, then look for a tab which says Kontakt which is contact in english and you will get an email address typically like this one:

For generelle spørgsmål:

taxamotor@taxamotor.dk

Just email them your question.

Good luck.

Julia

We were so worried that there would be no taxis at the cruise port to take us to the train station. I think the ride to the airport is around $40. U.S. We also were worried because we had no Danish currency to pay the taxi driver. The two currency exchange machines on the ship had been tapped out. We found that there were lots of taxis lined up at around 9 AM when we stepped off the ship (this was just on 7-24-06). We tried to use our credit card in the cab, but when it did not work, the cab driver was very nice and took $27. US Dollars, plus a little tip, and it went very smoothly for us. This was exactly what we had heard it would cost. Hope it all goes easily for you too.

We pre-reserved a taxi by calling a taxi company, and they were waiting for us with our name. It does cost a bit more that way (I think about $6 or $7), but we'd heard there could be a big line. We got off at 8:30, and there was a line of waiting taxis. The baggage handlers told us there usually isn't any problem getting a taxi before 9 a.m. but then everyone gets off and there is a wait. I think it also depends on how many cruise ships come in on any particular day though.

We too got off the Star on 7/24. We carried our own luggage off and departed at about 7:30. There was a line of about 10 taxies waiting. It took us about half an hour to the airport. There were pretty long lines at the airport (I think particularly for SAS because of the number of flights out they have). We were on British Air to London and the line was only a couple of people. It took about an hour from the time we left the ship to the time we were thru security.

We were on HAL Amsterdam. We walked off the ship at about 8:15 on Friday and there were many cabs waiting. It seemed as though many people took the ship transfer. We paid for our cab to the airport with a credit card. It was about $60, but a lot of this was due to the very heavy morning traffic. There were also some people sharing cabs to divide the cost. I do not know what the ship transfers cost. I always get my own taxi. The only "advantage" I can see to using transfers is they get your luggage to the airport for you, but you still have to claim it and check it through security. It also seemed as though some of the transfer groups were getting called very early, as they want to get people off the ship quickly.

Archived