?? Neva River cruise in St. Pete - June 2007

has nayone done the Neva River cruise in St. petersburg? It's an option our tentative tour guide has suggested, we are there for 3 days in St. Petersburg, so would still have plenty of time to see all the major attractions, plus shopping district and subway....

What is the weather like at end of June - would I have to worry about a rainy day???

Do you get to see a lot that you wouldn't see while driving by going to all the sites???

CJcruzer

We cruised the Neva and some of the canals while in St. Petersburg on a Denrus tour last year. It was very enjoyable, and we did see a lot of beautiful buildings and parks that we did not see while driving around St. Petersburg. On a 2-day tour full of museums and castles, this was a nice, relaxing option, and we all loved it. We had 3 vans of passengers (25 people with 3 guides and 3 drivers), so Denrus rented a boat for us that had an open upper deck and an enclosed area that was glassed-in on the bottom. The weather was gorgeous, so we were all out on deck. It was a great treat to see the Hermitage (Winter Palace) and a number of other buildings of historical significance from the water. You cannot really appreciate the scale of the Hermitage from the outside unless you see it from the water in my opinion. I'm sorry to say that the weather is a crap shoot in the Baltics because it can change very quickly. I know that may not help you with your decision, but it's just the reality of the area.

Have a great trip,

Donna

July '07, while on RCCL Baltic cruise we participated in a ship-sponsored Neva River excursion. It was extremely enjoyable,with delightful & informative guide, relaxing, beautiful scenery that wasn't available from other bus/city tours. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Even though we had toured Peter & Paul Fortress grounds and Church on Spilled Blood, getting to see them from the vantage point of the Neva River was equally impressive and gave different prospective. By the way, we were there during one of Russia's two annual seasons: "Winter & July" ~ it was in the high 90's, so one shouldn't assume the weather to be on the cool side.

Enjoy ~ B.

Archived