Rio- one short day in March 2007

Petoonya

We arrive in Rio (Galeao Antonio Carlos Jobim) International airport mid afternoon in March 2007. Our cruise departs the next day.

We've been to Rio many years ago and my husband is not at all interested in seeing again.

I'm trying to decide where to stay for the one nite. Want something "restful" after 36 hours of travelling.

Can anyone suggest a hotel by the airport? Or would I be better off staying out by Leblon and just taxi from airport and again to the cruise port? Realize the latter locations form a triangle and a goodly distance from each other. I just want a nice hotel, decent area and a good nite's sleep.

Thanks!

I would stay down by the beach. The taxi ride doesn't take that long either from the airport to the beach or from the beach to the dock.

Once at the beach, you can at least go for a walk along the promenade and stretch your legs and breathe some sea air.

We stayed at Copacobana in January at the Sofitel and loved it there but you may have a favourite at one of the other beaches.

Jennie

Steve,

Then you know where I will be that nite.

Perhaps I can wear my fluffy negligee and entice him down to the Copacabana. :) So good to hear from you Steve. Hope all is well with you! We have to cruise togther again so you can be our butler once more- you exceeded our expectations.

Thanks Jennie. Somehow I thought it would take 90 minutes each way- from airport and then back to the pier. I'll look for hotels over that way.

Nancy

Archived