How many passengers on shore excurisions?

itzfitz

Hi all. Trying to decide whether to take SS Shore excurision from the Whisper to Rome or use Private Driver. Do they use big busses, mini busses or vans to transport from ship to Rome? There are 6 of us. How many people to they allow on their excursions? If anyone can give me some info on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Patty

In general, Silversea uses full-size, very comfortable buses. Their policy is not to overcrowd, and each bus usually has plenty of room. We took Rome excursions from the Whisper a few years ago, and they were quite pleasant and well-organized, using full-size, uncrowded buses. If they still offer it, the after hours tour of the Vatican Museums is wonderful. We were the only ones there. To be one of only 14 people in the Sistine Chapel was incredible!

When we have done tours we have always used the SS tours,and have found them to be very nice indeed.They do not fill the bus usually half and if they use 2 busses they each have a guide as well as someone from SS's as well.They provide water,and the extra help is always there if one needs it.We have never been disappointed and find that the cost is not over the top.I know some people would nver "do" a ship's tour as they must do a private one,but in the case of SS they have a very good product IMHO of course.;)

Archived