Senior price drop

It sure pays to check- my in-laws saved $150 pp on our Nov 3 sailing on Explorer for an OV when that cabin went to a senior discount. My parents are going in an interior room on deck 9 for only $649!!!!! What a deal, I think RC has some of the best prices around- if you do your homework

:D I am on Sovereign on Oct 2. Have two F1 connecting cabins, and between an earlier price drop and the new Senior discount we saved a total of $450 Whoo hooo..... Since the fair is now $229 I could have booked a third room! LOL

We wanted a last-minute cruise (9/17) - got a JS on Explorer to Bermuda for nearly $500 less than we paid for the same cabin on Voyager last year!! Now, I just have to figure out where to spend that $500 . . . .

On RC website just go in to price the cruise and the last question is "if any passenger in the cabin is 55 or over" check yes and then proceed to the pricing. If a senior rate is available it will be listed along with the standard rate. There is also a home state discount rate, but I have never seen that discount come up- I'm from Maryland and maybe I won't ever qualify.

Not every cruise (or room type on that cruise) goes to a senior rate, and your cruise may be offered one months after you book- so it pays to keep checking.

A very easy way to find out, on which cruises 55+ discounts are offered is on *****.com.

They have an extra link for these discounted cruises.

We saved about 200 $ each on an Inside on deck 10 on our Voyager TA in november. Only had to pay about 30 $ for booking another category and getting a new booking ID.

I´ve asked RCCL Germany, how we can find out, on which cruises and at which time they give these discounts. But they say they don´t know the answer. The discount was very limited, only for a few days and only for 1 balcony and 1 interior category and not for all categories.

Archived