What "Season" Are You?

What "Season" are you?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. What "Season" are you?

• Spring
    • Summer
    • Fall
    • Winter

I don't have any idea! My natural hair color (I don't color) is dark brown with natural reddish undertones/highlights. I have blue eyes and I have skin that tans nicely, rarely burns (does that matter?) I wear a lot of black, do not think I look good in pastels and have always been told I look good in 'jewel' tones like Royal Blue.

Does that make me a summer??:confused:

I don't know what season I am. Can you help me?

Yesterday, I uploaded some pictures on the Kodak website but you need to register to have access (free and takes 1 minute). I made a 2 pictures album for you. The first picture is not a good one (in the truck after about 7 hours and the cowboy hat is not the look I usually have, just once or twice a year) but you can see my face better. On the 2nd one, you can see me on the right. I think brown fits me well but white, red and pink also do...

Please help me.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=53973771510&page=1&upload_count=2

It says the link is not valid/found!

Can you try your link again?

Here ... I'll copy it:

Album Not Found

The link you are using is no longer valid. If this link was sent to you in an email and you would like to view the photos, you will need to contact the album owner and have them share the album using the Gallery's share feature.

If the link was to your own album and you would like to link your album from a personal web site or create a custom email message, please follow these instructions:

Share the album with yourself, from the "Share Photos" tab, with your own email address in the "To" field.

After you receive the share email, copy the URL, or web address, included at the bottom of the email.

This web address can be sent to friends or family with a custom email message, or you can use it to add to your personal web site.

If you continue to receive this error, please contact EasyShare Gallery's Customer Service

You are CLINTON!!!!!!! CLINTON from What Not To Wear!!! It's okay....we will NOT TELL, and I completely understand the heterosexual front. HOLEY MOLEY!!!! I HAVE ALWAYS wanted to meet you, I think you are absolutely adorable! I can't believe I did not put my finger on this until now! Well, just wanted to say I really think you do a wonderful job on the show and I think you are fanny pinchin' cute!

I can't wait to call all of my girlfriends... they will be soooo envious...

WOW.... A real star.....( Wide eyed and dreamy look here) ( harp music begins to fade in softly....)

You're funny!:D

He's in NYC, Im in LA.;)

But, I can be fanny pinchin' cute too!

CJW

I'll say either spring or summer - bright, bright colors - no lavenders, mauves, light pinks, pale yellows - now that the hair is silver - I find I can "almost" wear white - and black looks better. Love reds, turquoise, royal purple, brights blues ... orange ... still on the fence - think there is too much red tone in the face. Love quizes - its nice to discover new things - Jan

You're totally sounding Spring. Warm and bright.

Turquoise and Royal purple are actually the warmer shades of blue and purple. You can technically wear any color, but the right shade of that color for you should always be warm and bright.

CJW

I don't know, I think I'm a spring. Or a summer. My best colors are bright blue (not my fav) pink, coral and turquoise. I fade to nothing in earth tones, ivory, even purple. I can wear white, which is a godsend to me, otherwise, I'd be wearing springy colors all year round.

My skin color is very fair, my hair still a medium to dark brown with red undertones. In the summer my hair will fade to a brassy blonde

Classic Spring.

Anything bright and warm.

Stay away from anything cool and muted.

CJW

My hair is naturally light brown with light reddish tones, but it is now about 60-70% blonde highlighted to hide the gray. I think I look better with bluish-red/berry lipstick/blush, etc. I have an English peaches and cream complexion. I think that neither white nor black looks good next to my face without big splashes of color. I think I look great in cool brights such as turquoise, bright pinks, (today I'm wearing a fluorescent pea green overshirt with a black tank underneath - and it looks darn good!). HOWEVER, EVERYTIME I wear a coral colored shirt or sweater or dress, I get TONS of compliments on it (and I work with people who give precious few compliments). Is it contradictory for me to look good in both coral and the brights I've mentioned above?

What AM I?????

So obviously a SPRING!

(There's a lot of Springs here, that's unusual).

Peaches and cream?

Coral and fluorescent green?

Again, it's all about bright and warm tones.

Turquoise is actually the brightest and warmest of the blues, that's why it works great for Springs.

See bright pink works for you, if it's a bright warm pink.

No cool or muted colors.

And oh, I bet that there are better make-up colors for you than any blue-ish tones. Try and experiment with more warm peachy coraly colors.

Warm, warm, warm.

CJW

I'm a winter. Jewel-toned colors are definitely my friends, though pastel pinks and lavenders work well also. As far as make-up goes, if there's even a hint of yellow or orange in it, it will change to a darker yellow or orange on me (the native american in me). Browns and most of the turquoises that are so hot right now are not for me. I love the look, just not on me.

Listen here people, total classic Winter.

Listen to what she's saying as this is the polar opposite of Spring.

Nothing warm toned will work. See turquoise is too warm for her.

Cool, cool, cool.

CJW

Boy, haven't thought of colour seasons for years. Way, way, way, back in the late 70's or early 80's I got "colour draped" and discovered I was a winter. My hair colour has changed (many times) since then and perhaps even my complexion as I age, so perhaps I should try it again. I do wear a lot of black/white and they look good on me, but also bright blues. CJW - thanks for the memories of a fun evening spent so many years ago.

You're welcome! I know this is all "old school", but is totally legitimate and works. You can totally affect how good someone's skin looks by changing the tone of the lighting color.

Which reminds me...

Anybody doing this, make sure that you look at yourself in natural sunlight. Indoor lights all have a different tone, so they can skew your vision.

And back on track, if you were a Winter then, you are a Winter now.

Even though our coloring changes as we get older, our tone doesn't.

CJW

I am what we used to call Autumn, I guess that is Fall now. I can go into winter. I have very dark eyes so I get more leeway. Colors I absolutely can not wear are pinks and lavenders.

One important thing to consider is skin tone, I am a light Olive. Also without benefit of hair coloring my brown hair has gotten lighter with very little gray. I can attribute that to the fact my dad is a true blond.

Granted for summer I will wear lighter colors they do not look as good, but I was kind of raised with the Labor Day rules.

Definitely sounds Autumn/Fall.

I don't know. My natural hair color was reddish blondish brownish. I never knew what to call the color. I'm getting grey so my hairdresser colors it to almost my natural color and then highlights it. Some people call me blond and some insist I'm a redhead. My skin is fair and freckled like a redhead. I spent too many days in the sun as a child.

My eyes are blue green. I look like my Irish great grandmother. I don't look good in either white or black but I'm forced to wear a lot of black because I play in a church orchestra. The only thing that helps me not fade away in black is to wear stronger blush' date=' lipstick and eyeshadow. I think my best colors are [b']peach, turquoise and greens[/b], but I can't think of any color that I don't feel good in. They just kind of change my appearance slightly, if that makes any sense. My husband had a career which put us on television and I found that every time I wore turquoise or any other blue or green, the cameras were on me. In tan or any neutral color, they left me alone.

Spring, Spring, Spring!

Your hair would be called "Strawberry Blond", when it's halfway between blond and red.

Bright and warm tones for you! (in clothes, hair, and makeup)

CJW

I don't have any idea! My natural hair color (I don't color) is dark brown with natural reddish undertones/highlights. I have blue eyes and I have skin that tans nicely, rarely burns (does that matter?) I wear a lot of black, do not think I look good in pastels and have always been told I look good in 'jewel' tones like Royal Blue. Does that make me a summer??:confused:

Oohh it's a little difficult to tell from this...

Try this...

Spring looks good in:

Light Royal Blue, Warm Turquoise, Clear Aqua, Clear Yellow/Greens

Summer looks good in:

Sky Blue, Powder Blue, Pastel Aqua, Pastel to Deep Blue/Greens

Hope that helps to start clarifying.

CJW

Had my "colors" done years ago and was told I am a true spring. Really makes a difference what colors you wear, I was

wearing winter colors when I went to have them done, and it was amazing the difference the colors made! I love all of the spring colors, but coral really makes me stand out.

It says the link is not valid/found!

Can you try your link again?

Thank you very much for the information. I think now it should work (sorry for all this, it's the first time I tried a share photo site).

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=15500251410.53973771510.1154729844871&photoid=43973771510&folderid=0&view=1&page=1&sort_order=&albumsperpage=&navfolderid=2006

Please let me know if it works or not.

Thanks!

JP

I learned how to wear colors through a different system. The choice are not the seasons, but relate to how bright the colors are and how to combine the colors.

The types are as follows:

Contrast - Can wear bright colors, can were lots of contrast in one outfit. Can wear black all over, or just at face, or just bottom of outfit. Can wear bigger pattersn.

Light Bright - Can also wear bright colors, but needs a 'bright' color near their face. A 'bright' color can be a tank top or scarf that is bright next to the face. This individual can also wear black.

Muted - can were muted tones, and colors that are not too much of a contrast. This individual cannot wear bright white, but can wear black on the bottom of the outfit, not near the face. Small patters rather than large patterns.

Gentle - can wear gentle tones (not pastel tones, as the pastel tones do not have enough color in them.) Does not wear bright white or black near their face. Small patters rather than large patterns.

With this system, everyone can wear brown for example...what makes it different is the hue or depth of color and what it is paired with in the outfit.

The color consultant is from Color One and is a friend of mine.

Amy in San Diego

Oh Gosh, i had this done yrs ago also...

i have very dark hair, going salt n pepper now. more pepper than salt tho. very dark brn eyes, and a med complexion that tans nicely. if i wear yellow, or green, beige, brown, OMG. i look yellow!!! jaundiced!!! i can wear off tone colors of the darker range. anything pastel makes me look pasty and yellow. so, i guess that would make me a "winter"??

thanks diane

Thank you very much for the information. I think now it should work (sorry for all this, it's the first time I tried a share photo site).

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=15500251410.53973771510.1154729844871&photoid=43973771510&folderid=0&view=1&page=1&sort_order=&albumsperpage=&navfolderid=2006

Please let me know if it works or not.

Thanks!

JP

Sorry girlfriend... still not working .:o

Here is the link to what pops up for me.

Album not found:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/AlbumNotFound.jsp

Keep trying though!;)

Guest rfrenchbaxter

I am naturally a brunette but high light my hair with blonde to cover the on coming grey. I have dark skin tone with green eyes.

I tend to think I am more of a Summer type gal. The pinks and purples bring out more green in my eyes and I do look better in lighter colored clothes. But thinner in dark clothes! I can pull off reds, blacks, and maybe navy colors. However I cannot pull off grey, or brown it makes me look to washed up or maybe OLD...yek! I don't wear much make-up, don't have to yet for my skin still looks pretty good for a 47 year old woman which is amazing due to I am a sun lover! I do high light my eyes though!

Rebecca

Rfrenchbaxter

Oohh it's a little difficult to tell from this...

Try this...

Spring looks good in:

Light Royal Blue, Warm Turquoise, Clear Aqua, Clear Yellow/Greens

Summer looks good in:

Sky Blue, Powder Blue, Pastel Aqua, Pastel to Deep Blue/Greens

Hope that helps to start clarifying.

CJW

I guess I'm more of a Spring, although powder blue and yellow are not really 'my' colors. I look good in brighter colors: royal blue, ruby red, purple, colors like that. I wear a lot of black (slimming, you know!). :confused:

Uggh! I am so confused! I don't think I belong to a season!:o

I have warm brown hair with blondish highlights (natural), olive skin and brown/green eyes.

The colors in my closet are mostly white, red and black. Red and white are my best colors, with black being the safe color. I was just told by a friend that brown is not good for me; it washes me out (there goes some of my basic shirts), green matches my skin tone too much (some call me Kermy!), and pastels just wash me out (no pinks, yellows, mauves, light blues or tans).

I am thinking that I am a Spring as I look best in bright colors, but only in some. No greens here. However, I just purchased an orange tank top (out of my comfort zone here) and it looks really good, so I guess I have found a home: Spring!

Archived