deal on 4 night Carnival Bahamas cruise for solo travelers

Virga

I've been looking at September sailings out of Florida for a while now, and stumbled onto a really great deal for single passengers.

It's not listed on all the online TA pages (doing a little research could net you free insurance or onboard goodies), but you can book it straight through Carnival. On the September 7th sailing (4 night Bahamas) of the Fantasy out of Port Canaveral, single travellers can get a 1A guarantee for $297.83. This is a decent deal to begin with, but there is also a residents deal that locals and some others can use. Through Carnival, using the residency PR1 fare code online (CPR1 via phone) brings it down to $252.83 including all taxes. Unfortunately, I don't know what states qualify for this promotion. I got Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Arkansas to work, but Alaska and Arizona don't get the extra $45 off. It might be worth your while to check your state, and it's a great deal for locals. Remember, this is during hurricane season, so travel insurance would be a wise investment. If you find a travel agent offering the insurance free, make sure it covers everything you'd want it to in case the atlantic conspires against your cruise.

This is a steal - a good rate on 1A to begin with, and a $40 single supplement.

I'm going to be posting this to a deals site I contribute to later tonight, but I wanted to give CC a heads up in case the deal is only good for a few people.

Well, I guess noone is all that interested, but I still wanted to let you all know that this price is now available on three sailings - 24 Aug, 7 Sep, and 21 September. Double occupancy 5A cabins available on the 7 Sep and 21 Sep sailings for $465 including all taxes, as well.

No, they don't have deals like that very often up there - the Northeast really gets shafted for short trips. I love living in Florida - we come up with all kinds of reasons why it's worth the hassles of storm season. Now that we've discovered cruising, and have three ports within two hours drive... =)

Thinking about it, there ought to be some decent deals available... I guess I've got 20 minutes before my edit runs out... =)

guess I ran over =) good thing I copied it before submitting

EDIT: Best deal I could find was on the 12 Jun 2007 sailing of the Victory out of New York - don't know that a Canadian would want to take a cruise to Canada, though =) 1A guarantee cabins are $329 a person (not cheap, but good for the itinerary) and the single cost is $439 - only ~133% supplement. Taxes are $47.74 a person, for $121.75 per night single occupancy (still better than a decent New York hotel!) or $94.25pp/pn for double occupancy. If you don't care about getting an upgrade for the bedsize, 1A staterooom 2208 is available, and carnival.com says it has a porthole....

Your efforts are certainly appreciated, Virga. It's nice of you to post specials like that.

I grown accustomed to longer cruises now....and would consider a 7 day or less only if it combined well with another 7 day or better....I am getting spoiled.

Thanks again for sharing your information!

Hmm... Try going to http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=NYC&itinCode=CA9&shipCode=VI&durDays=4&subRegionCode=NN and there should be one sailing on the page, the 12th of June 2007. Click on "book now" and a booking page should load. Change the number of guests travelling to 1, and choose *not* to include airfare. Select a city - I used Quebec to check the Canadian price, but I did get the same price for Daytona Beach, FL. If you are a past guest, enter the number - I tried it with that field deleted, and still got the $439price. As of 12:25, stateroom 2208 is still available. Sorry I can't post a direct link to a travel agency here, but you can always try http://www.*****.com/ - the sailing is listed there, and if you quote the $486.74 price there, a TA might match it and toss in something free, like insurance or wine. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Found this thread - and thought that I would add that I just got a great solo deal today for a 5 night in October. 1A cabin for $254+ tax total. It is the over 55 price and you can't beat it. Everyone looking for a deal - keep checking the web site and talk to your PVP. I can't believe I stumbled onto this amazing rate!!:D

I'm trying to talk myself into my first solo cruise and am wondering what an E1 cabin is? I've only cruised with RCCL and am therefore unfamiliar with the term...

Cindy

Cindy - not sure about E1 - but on Carnival they have 1A cabins available and a lot of solo cruisers pick these cabins because of the price. I believe most of these cabins are forward and have a porthole or two - although I saw a picture of one with picture windows. I believe it depends on the class of the ship. On some of the ships there is a twin bed with an upper bunk - on others it sounds like two twins.

I hope this information helps. There is also a thread here on the Solo Cruisers board about Carnival 1A cabins.:)

Archived