D4 Rm 6115, what can we expect?

Beana

Hello all,

this place is amazing and I have gained so much from reading all the forum threads, etc.

We sail on Friday Aug 11th and are thrilled to be moving back to NYC in style after 10 years in England.

We are a family of 4. Our daughters are 2 and 8. Will we fit in our cabin?:eek:

I have read quite a bit about rooms and wonder if our TA has mislead us on this being suitable.

We have never 'crossed' or cruised before and this is a TREAT, the room is just for sleeping and dressing and relaxing. We are well aware that you get what you pay for, BUT can anyone let us know what to truly expect?

Also do we request an upgrade at boarding and what should we expect to pay?

Basically, I am hoping for the best and looking at my options.

Many thanks,

Beana

7 days to go!!!!:D

Looking at the QM2 site Room 6115 is just a double birth on the plans, not even a triple one. However Cunard must know from booking that there are 4 of you. Possibly you have been given wrong number. Just to be on the safe side look for yourself on the Cunard site and then contact your TA for further advice. Pat

We travelled with two children, ages 2 and 4, last September. Given the pricing at the time we booked, it was the same cost to book two double-occupancy cabins as one cabin with four passengers.

We had initially been assigned two interconnecting inside cabins, but through the upgrade process ended up in two A3 cabins on deck 8 (thanks, Cunard!). Unfortunately, to our great chagrin, there was no interconnecting door beetween rooms, a significant problem given the ages of our girls.

Fortunately, through the great work by the housekeeping department, and a quick trip to Duane Reed (drugstore chain in NYC), we were able to (a) open a panel so that our balconies interconnected, and (b) purchase a baby monitor to keep an ear on the kiddies.

The outcome was outstanding. Here's what we learned:

• Baby monitors work very well on QM2. We were concerned about radio interference and steel bulheads, but one we were away from the city, the baby monitor worked far better that in does at home, at least for short distances.
  • Adjoining balconies can easily interconnect.
  • Cunard provides a very adequate "Pack-n-Play" -style crib for youngsters.
  • Two per room is much more comfortable (and private) for parents. It made our trip much more, uh, enjoyable. A trip on QM2 is a very special event, and I suspect that you will cherish both the public and private times.

I hope that this information is useful, and that your crossing is as memorable as ours was.

Brad

PS: As of two months ago, we are now a family of five.

Brad

PS: As of two months ago, we are now a family of five.

Congrats, Brad and..... (I assume there is a mother that goes along with the new baby! <G>) And it's too soon to have been as a result of all that <ahem> extra privacy and such that you got out of having the two cabins.

So I guess you need to book another on soon! You seem to be good at this! (Babies, that is!)

Congratulations.

Karie,

who considers the cats to be work enough- And at least I can lock them in the bathroom for a couple of hours if I want to go to the movies. the authorities tend to frown on doing that with kids!

Archived