Internet Cafes in St. John and Halifax???

In down town Saint John there is a large area where there is free wifi. Most of the resaurants have it. Have a great trip.

Thank you. The internet is so expensive on the ship, I thought I would ask

Yogimax: :) Have a wonderful time but hurry back. I leave on the Victory on Saturday.....Karen

Thank you Yogibear! We're really looking forward to it (especially the deli). maybe one year, we can get all the "Yogi"s together for an OFFICIAL YOGI CRUISE:)

Bill (aka Yogimax)

Halifax is a college town so there are qite a few. But, here's the easy way; go to Google maps and type in "internet cafe, Halifax". You get a map with the name and information on each cafe as well as a marked location on the map. Many are in the central downtown. If you need directions, go to the directions section of the map and enter 1181 Hollis Street as the starting point. That's the Westin Nova Scotian hotel near the pier. When you put in the internet cafe address as the end point, you will get both directions and a map. In my experience, the heaviest concentration of internet cafes would be on Spring Garden Road, about a ten or fifteen minute walk into town. It is not only the better shopping district, but has many coffee shops with internet access.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a cafe that has free wireless internet downtown on the water (you need to provide the laptop). It is called cafe ristretto and is on lower water street. It is about a 5-7 minute walk from the port. If memory serves me it is in the Bishops Landing building.

Very Cold Canuck

• 2 weeks later...

One World Cafe has free wireless and cheap vegetarian lunches close to downtown just past Historical Citadel Hill which you should check out while in Port. Halifax is a popular cruise line Port of Call for the eastern seaboard. Agricola and West Street intersection.

Archived