email to passengers?

pollyanno

when we cruised on grand princess a few years ago (christmas 2003), you (the you that stayed home!) could send email to a passenger using a special email address and they would print out the email and deliver it to the passenger's mailbox. I learned about that here on this board and hooked my daughter's boyfriend up with the directions (in secret. :) ) and he sent her email a couple times.. you should have seen how happy she was when she went back to her cabin and found the first one. :) those notes are treasured souvineers.

later this month they (she and the boyfriend) are cruising on the caribbean princess and I was wondering if it's still possible to do that, send email to a particular address and it'll be printed out and delivered.. maybe I'll send 'em a note or two, if it is.

anyone know?

The email address would be: caribbeanprincess@princesscruises.com. Put the name of the passenger and cabin # in the Subject.

This service is really available only for family emergencies or urgent information. Otherwise, there's no guarantee that an email that could be sent and received via regular internet service would be delivered. They might deliver general emails sent to that address but most of the time, they aren't. If people abuse this service, you can bet that Princess will start charging for it.

Instead of sending an email, why not surprise them with a gift for the cruise? Maybe some on board credits, or if they imbibe in adult beverages, perhaps you could arrange a bottle of champagne (or their favorite selection of beverages, non alcohol are available also) with a note wishing them bon voyage?

I'm sure that would make a nice memory as well :)

Instead of sending an email, why not surprise them with a gift for the cruise? Maybe some on board credits, or if they imbibe in adult beverages, perhaps you could arrange a bottle of champagne (or their favorite selection of beverages, non alcohol are available also) with a note wishing them bon voyage?

I'm sure that would make a nice memory as well :)

I plan to attempt to do that too.. I don't have their booking number or cabin number and can't really obtain that without explaining why I need it, and the pdf order form wants that info so.. we'll see how willing the folks on the phone are to work with me.

back in '03 the email thing was talked about a lot and seemed to be an appropriate thing to do but I'll take this previous response as a "no, they don't still do that" and look for somethin' else to do. :)

anno

They do still do it, but as a special service where families or passengers need to get in touch with each other and not as a substitute for normal internet correspondence.

A suggestion is to contact their TA and have their TA make the arrangements to deliver something. That can be done without their knowing and as a surprise. If you don't know who their TA is, see if your own TA can arrange it.

They do still do it, but as a special service where families or passengers need to get in touch with each other and not as a substitute for normal internet correspondence.

A suggestion is to contact their TA and have their TA make the arrangements to deliver something. That can be done without their knowing and as a surprise. If you don't know who their TA is, see if your own TA can arrange it.

thanks. they booked online through princess so.. I'll just see how far I get that way. if that doesn't work maybe I'll call one of the bon voyage gift companies and see if they know any magic tricks. surely I'm not the first person wanted to send a surprise without knowing the magic numbers, 'eh?

anno

You could ask them for their cabin information in case of emergencies. As folks pointed out if you did need to reach them in an emergency you need the cabin number in the subject line.

You wouldn't be lying, you would just be using the information for additional purposes ;)

I sent a gift to some friends cruising for their Anniversary. I didn't have any information other than the date of their cruise and the ship they were on. I just called the cruise line's gift department, and they found them, and it was delivered ontime and to the right cabin. That was on RCI. I also had some flowers sent to people we were cruising with, on Princess, but I didn't know their cabin number or booking number either..........just date and name of ship. Worked like a charm.

Happy shopping!

PS - You can send email to someone's regular email address, if it's AOL, Yahoo, or I can't remember the other one...............if they check their email, they'll get it. Maybe you could send a shipboard credit to be used for email.........then, they'll be sure to check. :)

I sent a gift to some friends cruising for their Anniversary. I didn't have any information other than the date of their cruise and the ship they were on. I just called the cruise line's gift department, and they found them, and it was delivered ontime and to the right cabin. That was on RCI. I also had some flowers sent to people we were cruising with, on Princess, but I didn't know their cabin number or booking number either..........just date and name of ship. Worked like a charm.

Happy shopping!

PS - You can send email to someone's regular email address, if it's AOL, Yahoo, or I can't remember the other one...............if they check their email, they'll get it. Maybe you could send a shipboard credit to be used for email.........then, they'll be sure to check. :)

that's good to know.. that they can work with you with minimal info. I'll give them a call tomorrow (princess) and see what kind of tricks we can work out. if nothing else, I can at least send 'em some of those strawberries in tuxedos.

it isn't that I have anything I particularly want to say to them while they're gone or that they will particularly want to hear from me, it's more that getting the physical piece of mail is kind of a kick. I know I could send them regular email but I doubt I'll do that.. my intention was not to strike up a correspondance, just give 'em an extra grin. so.. shopping it is. :)

I'd send them a bottle of wine or champagne but I'm fairly sure that'd be a waste.. they're not big drinkers and their taste in wine runs to the fruit-flavored ones.. strawberry zinfandel.. I'm kinda doubting princess stocks pop-wine. they might make it through a half bottle of asti so I'll investigate whether that's possible too. I wish they had a drink of the day package.. where you could gift someone with the souvineer cup and a coupon or sticker or whatever to present each day for the fruity concoction du jour.. I'd rather do that than just purchase cruise credit, it'd be funner. more fun. if that's the best I can do, I'll just give 'em some cash. well.. I'll just give 'em some cash anyway. but I wouldn't mind sendin' them some strawberries in tuxedos and a half bottle of asti too. :)

anno

Archived