Freedom Dinner/Show Times?

KS17

Booked on the FOS next July. We requested later dinner seating because we didn't want to feel rushed on port days. Now after reading some posts, I learned that for the late dinner seating, the shows are prior to dinner. This kind of defeats the purpose if I am going to have to get ready early anyway to see the shows. I'm confused. I thought there would be late shows after the later dinner seating. Does anyone know the exact dinner/show times on FOS? Also is there any shows that are must sees for families and any that you would skip? This is our very first cruise, so forgive my ignorance. I could use all the tips I can get. Thanks! :)

I'm not sure of the exact show schedules for Freedom of the Seas, but on other RCI ships that we have sailed on, some of the second seating shows were scheduled for after dinner, while others were held before dinner. It isn't as though there will be nothing to do after late dinner because on those nights a special entertainment activity (such as the Quest, Newlywed/Not so Newlywed game etc.) is scheduled for guests of both seatings after 10 pm. There are even some people who prefer to eat later, but aren't especially comfortable sitting in the theater after consuming a heavy meal. Most times the ship sails from port by 5pm so you shouldn't find yourself rushing to make a 7pm show.

Thanks for your reply Bill. We've never cruised before and it seems like there is a lot of things to give thought and consideration to. I am glad I found this site as it has been very helpful.

Anyone out there familiar with the shows on Freedom that could make any recommendations as what shouldn't be missed or other comments on the entertainment?

I found the shows on the Freedom to be very good, Marquee, Once Upon a Time, and I'm sorry but I can't remember the other name but it was with a magician were very good IMO. The ice show was also wonderful. I also think the love and marriage show is very funny.

Thanks for your reply Bill. We've never cruised before and it seems like there is a lot of things to give thought and consideration to. I am glad I found this site as it has been very helpful.

Anyone out there familiar with the shows on Freedom that could make any recommendations as what shouldn't be missed or other comments on the entertainment?

KS17 you've come to the right spot for info. Don't miss The Quest (adults only) and the Ice Show. The Quest is hilarious and the Ice Show is truly amazing.:)

The shows for late seating start about 1 hour prior to dinner, so getting ready and relaxing shouldn't be effected too much. We always do late seating and have always had ample time to dress, have a drink (or 2!), see the show and make it to dinner! Even on port days!

Archived