Cocoa Beach hotel

UGA Fan

Has anybody stayed at the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach before going on a cruise? We used hotwire and that is what came up for us for an oceanfront room. Just wondering if we should cancel if it is not a good choice. I know we would lose money if we did decide to cancel but had rather do that than to stay at a place that is not desirable. We are going on the Mariner of the Seas Aug. 27. Thanks for you inputs.:)

If it's the Holiday Inn ocean front resort, we love to stay there. They did massive renovations after storm damage in 2004. They have a wonderful pool area and the hotel is beach front. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you get it for on Hotwire? We usually book through priceline and, choosing a 3 star property, always get the Holiday Inn resort, but priceline is not biting on my offers and the published rate is still pretty high for October. It a lovely, tropical place and perfect for a night before sailing.

If it's the Holiday Inn ocean front resort, we love to stay there. They did massive renovations after storm damage in 2004. They have a wonderful pool area and the hotel is beach front. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you get it for on Hotwire? We usually book through priceline and, choosing a 3 star property, always get the Holiday Inn resort, but priceline is not biting on my offers and the published rate is still pretty high for October. It a lovely, tropical place and perfect for a night before sailing.

We got it for $89.00 for an oceanfront room. We are driving down that Sat. morning on Aug. 26. The pictures of the hotel looked nice but I was just unsure as to how it really is and the location. Are there any restaurants close by and maybe a Wal-Mart in case I forget something?

We did not stay here before a cruise but did when going to Disney and Space Center. Picked it for its location on the beach, for it was our first time in FL and had a 5 year old son. Hotel was wonderful. We had a oceanfront room, closet one to the beach. Two story suite room, sleep 6, 2 baths, full kitchen. Was the best room I ever stayed in. We would stay again in a heart beat. We even saw a wedding right out side our door.

We got it for $89.00 for an oceanfront room. We are driving down that Sat. morning on Aug. 26. The pictures of the hotel looked nice but I was just unsure as to how it really is and the location. Are there any restaurants close by and maybe a Wal-Mart in case I forget something?

The nearest Walmart is in/on Merritt Island, not too far but will require a car, there is a Walgreens in the heart of Cocoa Beach just a few blocks up the street. As far as restraunts, our favorites are Rusty's (at the port), Mr. Cubanos (best cuban sandwiches) and Coconuts (on the beach, a few blocks south). If you drive across the causeway towards merritt island, there are loads of mom and pop seafood places that are good. The hotel has Mambos, which is beach front and OK, they have excellent frozen Rum Runners if you want to get a jump on the tropical feel. They will let you park your car at the hotel (at least they have in the past) and you can take a cab or Art's Shuttle to the port, that saves a LOAD on parking at the port.

The nearest Walmart is in/on Merritt Island, not too far but will require a car, there is a Walgreens in the heart of Cocoa Beach just a few blocks up the street. As far as restraunts, our favorites are Rusty's (at the port), Mr. Cubanos (best cuban sandwiches) and Coconuts (on the beach, a few blocks south). If you drive across the causeway towards merritt island, there are loads of mom and pop seafood places that are good. The hotel has Mambos, which is beach front and OK, they have excellent frozen Rum Runners if you want to get a jump on the tropical feel. They will let you park your car at the hotel (at least they have in the past) and you can take a cab or Art's Shuttle to the port, that saves a LOAD on parking at the port.

Thanks for the information. The drinks sound good!!! How far is the Merritt Island? We will be driving down from Ga. so we might have to check to see if they allow for guest to park at the hotel and take a cab or shuttle to the port. That might save us a lot on the parking price at the port.

Thanks for the information. The drinks sound good!!! How far is the Merritt Island? We will be driving down from Ga. so we might have to check to see if they allow for guest to park at the hotel and take a cab or shuttle to the port. That might save us a lot on the parking price at the port.

The Walmart in Merritt Island is maybe 10-15 minutes..not bad at all. In fact, depending what exit you take off 95, you can actually come into Cocoa Beach that way. We usually take the exit that brings us by the port though.

Archived