Where does the Jewel dock in San Juan?

cruisegal40

LOCATION OF PIER: Pan American

Pier 4, Old San Juan

Paseo Conception de Gracias

San Juan PR 00901

DISTANCE TO PIER

FROM AIRPORT: 15 miles. Travel Time: 20 minutes.

FROM AIRPORT TO HOTELS: To Isla Verde Area Hotels. Travel Time: 5-10 minutes. To Condado Area Hotels. Travel Time: 15-20 minutes

Hi, I've been there before (on Princess though) and you dock pretty close to the downtown area. You can walk around the old area of town or the new area. We took a tour to the bacardi rum factory, it was okay but the taxi ride was the scariest ride of my life!!!!! Bought some cheap liquor though (back in the days when you could bring it back on board). It is fun to just walk around, lots of history, museums, churches, etc. Enjoy!!!! We will be there also on the Jewel next Jan 28th sailing.

Leah

So bananaboy, this is the major peir correct? I thought there was two peirs that the cruises sail into. We sailed in a couple of years ago and we could walk right off the ship and into downtown I believe. Is Pan Am this peir?

So bananaboy, this is the major peir correct? I thought there was two peirs that the cruises sail into. We sailed in a couple of years ago and we could walk right off the ship and into downtown I believe. Is Pan Am this peir?

I haven't been there, so can't be 100% certain, but I believe that the Pan Am Pier is NOT the one you are thinking of, and is further out of town.

It has been my experence that visiting cruise ships usually dock at pier #1 which is right at Old Town San Juan. You may not know for sure until you get there. The Pan Am pier is only a short Taxi ride from Old Town. You might try posing this on the San Juan Ports-of-Call board. There maybe some one from PR that can help.

Thanks 2intul. I did check out that thread and there was a discussion on it. Not good as most people's ideas were conflicting. You are right, I may just have to wait until I get there. But I am going to keep checking this thread and the others to see if someone who actually might have done the Jewel last fall. Thank you all for your input.

we were on the jewel in Feb -we docked inthe central pier- walking distance to old san juan across the street from a hotel--My recollection of Pan am pier is a different pier--that is where celebrity leaves from and is isolated in the middle of nowhere-

LOCATION OF PIER: Pan American

Pier 4, Old San Juan

The Pan American Pier and Pier # 4 are two separate piers. The Pan Am Pier is across the harbor from Old San Juan. Pier # 4 is in Old San Juan across from the Sheraton Old San Juan. Ships also frequently dock at Pier # 1 in Old San Juan. In transit ships usually dock at one of the piers in OSJ - not at the Pan Am Pier. Usually the only time in transit ships dock at the Pan Am is when there are a large number of ships in port that day, and its usually an RCCL ship that gets shifted to the Pan Am Pier, not other lines.

Archived