Carnival Legend - "Bag" of Laundry

Pickles61

Hi,

I'll be in the Legend on 8/24, with my 2 boys 6 & 12. I'd rather not take all their clothes with me, they change a few times a day when on a cruise, don't ask me why, so I usually start running out of shorts, socks, underwear etc. I've read that they offer to do a bag of laundry for $20.00, does anyone know which day(s) they do this and when you get the laundry back? It would be great if I could have their laundry done in the middle of the week and they can wear things twice. I've been on cruises where they will do the "bag" of laundry but it's towards the end of the cruise so that wouldn't help with having clean clothes while onboard. I know there are laundry rooms on the ship, but hey, I'm on vacation and I would prefer not to do laundry, if I have to I will.

Thanks

I don't know about the Legend but on the Miracle they started the bag special on Wed. and it went thru Fri. It was a Sat. - Sat. cruise. I think it may have been advertised in the capers but I didn't see it and had to ask my cabin steward about it because she didn't leave anything in the cabin about it. I think it only cost $15.00 but that was in March and prices may have gone up since then.

On the Holiday this was offered on last day at sea. The cost was $15. We decided to use the self-laundry service. Washer and dryer was $2 each and detergent was $1. We ended up with 2 loads so this was cheaper than the bag special.

On our Legend sailing it was $15 - I think it was St. Thomas day. The bags are pretty small; I think we would have been hard pressed to get our underwear and socks in the bag. With 5 of us, it was easier to go to the laundry and do it ourselves at a fraction of the cost.

Archived