What perks does VIP status have?

calmac

As I understand it, non-suite passengers can be classed as "VIP", not sure how or why though. It was really what perks the non-suite VIPs would be given that I was wanting to find out.

You can VIP withour being in a suite if you cruised NCL 9-13 times. That is one of the perks for being GOLD in Latitudes. Next would be Platinum with 14 or more completed cruises.

My mom is Gold and she gets inside cabins with all the VIP perks that include:

Priority check-in

Welcome basket

Priority restaurant reservations

Priority tender tickets

Priority disembarkation

Invitation to the Captain;s cocktail party

This info is the the Summer 2006 Latitudes mag.

I think my mom got a few other goodies too....

I had VIP status on my last Dawn cruise. I was in a BA cabin and it was only my 4th NCL cruise. Why I got VIP status I don't know. But I liked it.:) I recieved VIP tender tickets, goodies every afternoon (my kids tried to steal those) concierge service and an invitation to the Captains cocktail party.

As already mentioned, gold members have 9 NCL cruises. I was the only gold member on my recent Wind sailing and got plenty extra with goodies every day from various departments.

I just "applied" my former pre latitudes cruises and should be platinum my sailing next month- we'll see. I have been trying for over a year, but they now have a phone number for the Latitudes which I called and they are supposed to take care of it??

I showed up at the Cpt.s party in very casual clothes since it was Alaska and my priority was being outside. I essentially was just stopping in to see it. Most everyone was in formal attire. I certainly did not care, but did not stay long and sat off to the side. I won't be dressing up next time either. :)

What do people wear to the cocktail party? Is the party on "formal" night?

It was not on formal night last cruise - the requested dress "resort smart" Not sure what that is :confused: I usually just wear my normal resort casual diner outfit - nice slacks and a polo shirt and add a jacket or blazer - perfect

As you can see from the attached taken by me at the last VIP reception - dresses, to slacks, polo to dress shirt - resort smart ;)

As always on an NCL ship the crew is the best dressed

1484784597_02152006vip.jpg.0332e4e6a34b9de54b0f59d2b39507da.jpg

Archived