April weather

never2late

We are booked for an April cruise -- Auckland to Sydney -- The weather websites say low 70's, high 60's for the days, but I was wondering about rain -- does it rain a lot in April. I thought it might be like our Fall, no? We are from California. :)

We are booked for an April cruise -- Auckland to Sydney -- The weather websites say low 70's, high 60's for the days, but I was wondering about rain -- does it rain a lot in April. I thought it might be like our Fall, no? We are from California. :)

you wont have much problems with rain at that time of year. It is our autumn (your fall) still quite warm although I think Nz is cold all year round :). sydney weather will still be pretty good (im a sydney sider) warm days and cool nights.

you wont have much problems with rain at that time of year. It is our autumn (your fall) still quite warm although I think Nz is cold all year round :). sydney weather will still be pretty good (im a sydney sider) warm days and cool nights.

I must reply to this! 'NZ is cold all year' rubbish, though i suppose if you are used to 40 degrees C all year then 29 c is a bit cool.

No, NZ has a great climate, cooler in winter for sure, and differs from north to south. But just check out any weather web site and you will see that we have it pretty good down here. At the moment its winter, but today we had 17c most of the day and sun. Average winter temperature here is 14 to 16 but a few days back we had 22. Never snows except on the higher ground and seldom do we have a frost. Thats why we can grow anything here and also i think why this area is called the Bay of Plenty.

Yes it can rain, thats the thing with a small land mass surrounded by oceans, but its not going to be torrential like some countries experience during their rainy or monsson seassons.

Personally early April is my favourite time in NZ, still warm, the seas are probably at their warmest and there very little humidity such as in early summer.

So come on down to NZ and i am sure you will just love it. If you need any further info from an unbiased POm living in NZ just post here.

Regards ian [Tauranga] NZ

Actually, I am used to 30-40+ degree weather, so 17 is starting to get a bit cool for my happiness. :)

I am very happy we booked a February cruise, so it will still be quite warm down there. Plus it will make me quite happy to leave the cool winter weather behind for a few weeks. When we get home in early March Spring will be in it's full glory here.

I must reply to this! 'NZ is cold all year' rubbish, though i suppose if you are used to 40 degrees C all year then 29 c is a bit cool.

No, NZ has a great climate, cooler in winter for sure, and differs from north to south. But just check out any weather web site and you will see that we have it pretty good down here. At the moment its winter, but today we had 17c most of the day and sun. Average winter temperature here is 14 to 16 but a few days back we had 22. Never snows except on the higher ground and seldom do we have a frost. Thats why we can grow anything here and also i think why this area is called the Bay of Plenty.

Yes it can rain, thats the thing with a small land mass surrounded by oceans, but its not going to be torrential like some countries experience during their rainy or monsson seassons.

Personally early April is my favourite time in NZ, still warm, the seas are probably at their warmest and there very little humidity such as in early summer.

So come on down to NZ and i am sure you will just love it. If you need any further info from an unbiased POm living in NZ just post here.

Regards ian [Tauranga] NZ

Sorry Ian. did not mean to offend. i do find nz cold coming from aussie weather any time of year. my reference was to the south island as i have spent half my life travelling between oz and nz. i have never gotten used to the cooler weather and am prone to wearing winter clothes in summer in nz.

If you are visiting Melbourne and Sydney then April is a lovely month in both cities. Autumn can be the best time of the year. The humidity has left Sydney and the autumn leaves are beginning to turn in Melbourne.

Usually the days are balmy with cooler nights.

Jennie

Sorry Ian. did not mean to offend. i do find nz cold coming from aussie weather any time of year. my reference was to the south island as i have spent half my life travelling between oz and nz. i have never gotten used to the cooler weather and am prone to wearing winter clothes in summer in nz.

Hi there, no offence was taken so not appology was required. Just a lit of banter on the boards.

I am currently here in the Uk for a family visit and the english summer has taken a dive, cold and raining after heatwaves all season, just our luck.

Regards ian [tauranga]

Archived