Princess canceled "single share" offers

Kare_erin

Princess will no longer offer "single share" program. I know alot of you like you own cabin but I loved saving money sharing a cabin with another person on her own. I am so disapointed. I faxed the Princess Customer relations 2 weeks ago and have not heard back. HAL and P&O offer single shares still, thank goodness, but no more on Princess for some reason.

I didn't realize ANY cruiseline still offered single-share programs. Carnival stopped that years ago. Maybe they are incorporating that policy into the other lines they own? HAL and P&O may be next.:confused:

I called HAL..They have not changed. They made their policies independantly even though they are under the Carnival corp banner along with Princess.

Cruise West also offers "singe shares". I like many of their cruises but they are a little pricey.

• 1 month later...

I too was very disappointed when I learned that Carnival cancelled their single-share program several years ago. And wasn't even aware that other lines still offered it.

Whenever I had the opportunity I always booked a "single-share" cabin, and enjoyed the savings:-) Some times I'd have a roomate & sometimes not, but never had a bad experience with this program. Not sure why they're cancelling it:-(

Never thought too well of the Princess share program anyway; they charged each passenger 150% of the per person rate for the share - I find that somewhat greedy; should be able to pay just the per person rate as Carnival used to have (last time I checked), or a more reasonable surcharge for their share service.

Archived