Referral Question

Lefty Bob

We are signed up for a cruise next year. I have given a referral to a couple that may sign up for the same cruise.

My question is - does the other couple get the on-board credit for this cruise or for their next cruise?

Same for me this cruise or next?

Sorry for stupid question.:confused:

LB

LB, Based on my very limited experience two years ago, I referred a couple to Seabourn and we both did not receive our certificates (onboard credit vouchers), which have to be mailed back to Seabourn and applied to a specific booking number, until about 6 months later. They are valid for 2 years from the date on the certificate. If Seabourn is faster at getting the onboard credit vouchers mailed out, then you both might be able to mail it back to Seabourn (with instructions on which booking to apply it to) and apply it to your next sailing. Can anyone who has referred passengers more recently, provide an update as to the current status on how quickly Seabourn sends the onboard credit voucher after receipt of final payment from the passengers referred?

I believe Seabourn has stopped the mail-back certificates. On my recent cruise I inquired about a referral I had made prior, and was told that the $400 SBC was already noted to my cruise. This also happened on a previous cruise when I booked using Amex Plat. When I inquired about the $300 SBC from Amex Plat, my TA was told that I would be receiving the $400 referral credit instead of the Amex credit.

In a nut shell, have your TA call and confirm for you!

Host Dan

Sorry to ask what may seem to be a rather silly question , that I appear to be asking a bit late anyway.

We are two couples sailing on the Pride for a week in december. We've already paid our deposits and our final payment is due shortly. I keep reading on here about 'referral certificates/vouchers'. As we're new to Seabourn, would these have applied to us, and is it too late to try and obtain some now.

I'm guessing it is, but just thought it might be worth asking.:rolleyes:

Sorry to ask what may seem to be a rather silly question , that I appear to be asking a bit late anyway.

We are two couples sailing on the Pride for a week in december. We've already paid our deposits and our final payment is due shortly. I keep reading on here about 'referral certificates/vouchers'. As we're new to Seabourn, would these have applied to us, and is it too late to try and obtain some now.

I'm guessing it is, but just thought it might be worth asking.:rolleyes:

It is not a silly question, but speaking from experience, Seabourn are reading these boards and are aware of people touting for referrals and they will not continue the scheme if it is abused in this way. Strictly speaking you need someone to personally referr you before you make your final payment.

Hope this helps

Kathryn

Archived