Dickenson's Bay or Turner's Beach

LadyBerard

Help!!! I think I've narrowed it down to two choices. Can anyone compare these two beaches for me? We are a group ranging in age in 40s through late 60s. Therefore, we need shady areas, facilities (restroom), and of course, a bar with good drinks!!

Help!!! I think I've narrowed it down to two choices. Can anyone compare these two beaches for me? We are a group ranging in age in 40s through late 60s. Therefore, we need shady areas, facilities (restroom), and of course, a bar with good drinks!!

TURNER's BEACH all the way.

• 3 months later...

Have a small group interested in going to a beautiful beach with calm water for the day. Is Turner's Beach the best? I can't locate it on a map. We want something easy to get to from the cruise port. How much would cab fare be? Do you have another recommendation? Thanks!

We went to Turners Beach on our 4/06 NCL Jewel cruise. It was one of the best beach experiences we have enjoyed. It was not crowded, had a great little restaurant (and bar), it was not filled with vendors bothering you constantly, it had umbrellas for rent and it was just plain beautiful. The water was calm and the blues of the water and sky were extraordinary. Across the water is the steaming volcano on Monserrat (sp?).

We are porting there on the NCL Pearl in 2/07 and plan to return. My recollection is taxi fare was $27 each way (4 in the cab). Well worth it. We made arrangements for the driver to pick us up which he gladly did, and he gave us insights into Antigua during the ride. The distance is not far from port, but it takes 30 minutes or so to get there due to the winding roads along the coast.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived