Final Payment Question

Bubbaloo311

We are booked for the POH leaving 11/13/06.

According to my email confirmation, final payment is due 8/24.

According to the NCL site, my payment is due 75 days before sailing which I calculate to 8/30. Honestly it would be easier to pay on 8/30.

I emailed my TA about this and am waiting for a response but would appreciate your input.

Thanks so much.

Ann

Thanks Shoreguy.

I rec'd a reply from the TA who said that NCL wanted payment by that day and if they don't receive it they will cancel.

So now what?

It sounds like you don't have much of an option - you'll have to submit payment by 8/24 or risk cancellation. I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but something's wrong if 6 days makes that big a difference.

It sounds like you don't have much of an option - you'll have to submit payment by 8/24 or risk cancellation. I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but something's wrong if 6 days makes that big a difference.

It could make an additional bill cycle before payment is due:) I have been know to time final payments just that reason.

It could make an additional bill cycle before payment is due:) I have been know to time final payments just that reason.

Yes, that's certainly true. But I would think that that's more of an after-thought convenience.

Often the TA will set different dates than the cruiseline for their own reasons. Unless you can get them to give you some slack, then you are out of luck.

You could also do some price checking and if you can get a better deal, then go with it, unless of course the TA has their OWN cancel policy and fee regarding your deposit.

I would bet that if you told the TA you would have to cancel if it can not be extended that they might pay a bit more attention to you.

Thanks for the responses - though honestly I do not appreciate the one rather judgemental comment.

We will just have to arrange ourselves for the 24th - though sometimes peoples' pay schedules coincide better to the 30th.

Either way, we'll make it happen it just would have been easier the other way.

Thanks again.

I sailed NCL 4 times in the last year, all different booking agents. All wanted payment before the 75 days. Guess what?? I told them the payment was not due until 75 days prior and I would call them/email them the day before and give my credit card number. ALL backed down, and none of the cruises were canceled. :)

Archived