Tampa Hotels?

gmc1

Any suggestions/warnings on booking a pre-cruise hotel in Tampa? Should I get near the port or downtown?

The port is in the downtown area, a good place to stay. The other good area is the airport/westshore area. Click on this link for a thread on Tampa, and hotels. It is only 49 pages long. Not quite 1000 posts. If you read about four or five pages anywhere along the thread, you should get a pretty good picture of what is available.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=108072

I've stayed at Chase Suites, Wyndham Westshore and Doubletree Westshore and all were fine. Chase Suites and Doubletree both offer packages that provide transportation from the airport and to the pier. The Wyndham only offered airport transportation and it was about a $10 cab ride to the pier.

Depends what price range you are looking for. I am a fan of the Marriott Waterside. It's beautiful and near the port. It is within walking distance to Channelside which has some great entertainment for the night before. Tampa also has a streetcar that will take you there from the hotel. We've stayed there a few times, just for a night to get away from the house!!!

We are staying there next month. I check out alot of web sites and the reviews for them were "GREAT". Its a newer hotel and you might want to go to hotel.com or travelocity and read the reviews. We got a rate of 99.00$ and they have breakfast. I called and the have a outside shuttle for 6.00$ a person.

BOB

There is a gentleman named Ken who answered those 1,000 posts. He was remarkable with his help. The only caution he added was to avoid any hotel in the Busch Gardens area. Seems that area is no longer as safe as it once was.

It seems the airport is about 8 miles from the port. We are staying at the Embassy Suites - Convention Center (which is near the Marriott Waterside).

The taxi ride from the airport to the port is about $20.00 one way.

Find Ken's thread...it is soooo informative.

Not sure who Ken is, but I will agree with him! The Busch Gardens area is not that safe! I love Busch Garden's and go there often, but would advise against anyone staying in that area! Stick to the downtown/Westshore area! If staying in the Westshore area, I suggest checking out International Plaza. They have great dining and drinks!

I see his post was a year long and maybe they drop them after a year. I posted a reply on the old post and it didnt come up. Maybe he will come back on this one. I wanted to ask if there is any store near Springhill suites that we could get any last min. stuff. So Ken if your out there it would be great to hear from you. Or anyone else that might know.

Archived