Boarding Time For Majesty In Boston

iceman991

Usually they start boarding anytime between 11:00 and 11:30. We live an hour away so we usually get to the pier around 10:30 and have always been onboard by 11:30. Have a great time and you are going to love the Turtle Bay Catamaran tour. Best ship sponsored tour I have ever done.

To make a long story short...

My 16 year old son and his friend were booked with my brother. We went back and forth about what time to meet there. I thought they would have to board together. My brother is always late and he was further egging me on by asking what the latest he could get on was, etc. I am always EARLY.

We live about an hour and fifteen minutes away from the terminal, my brother about an hour. We left the house at 11:00. At approximately 11:05, my brother calls the cell phone and says, "Where are you guys, we're on the ship." He was so happy with himself!

Anyway, embarkation that week started around 11.

As a lattitudes member, I always boarded the Majesty between 11:30---12:30.

The Majesty is one of my favorite ships, and I hope that NCL will cancel any plans to retire her. Smaller ships are so important for visiting ports where the "bigguns" cannot fit.

The "pier" is located at the Black Falcon Cruise terminal in the Boston Marine Industrial Park. You can go online to Massport.com and get directions and other info.

I guess it would depend on how you come what type of traffic you encounter. Sorry, not sure what the most expeditious route from Vermont is? With luck, you will be able to use the Big Dig. It makes travel much quicker and less stressful.

The "pier" is located at the Black Falcon Cruise terminal in the Boston Marine Industrial Park. You can go online to Massport.com and get directions and other info.

I guess it would depend on how you come what type of traffic you encounter. Sorry, not sure what the most expeditious route from Vermont is? With luck, you will be able to use the Big Dig. It makes travel much quicker and less stressful.

Thanks, got the address and Google mapped it. Would come in on I93 and looks like the Big Dig isn't a problem, we'd exit before it.

Is there parking right at the pier and how much $$$$ does it cost?:confused:

Thanks, got the address and Google mapped it. Would come in on I93 and looks like the Big Dig isn't a problem, we'd exit before it.

Is there parking right at the pier and how much $$$$ does it cost?:confused:

There is parking at the pier ( well walking distance) and I think it is $14 a day.

They take credit cards but cash is easier. I have my good old MBNA NCL credit card so it was worth it to me to get out of the car and use my credit card. After all the charge was $98 for the week, so that was $3.00 towards my next cruise.:D

When we went we had to basically drive up to the ship, drop off passengers and luggage, then go park the car. They "wouldn't let us" park the car and everyone carry his or her own luggage.

Thanks, was planning to drive for a cruise to Bermuda rather than fly, and the added bad news lately just re-enforces it. Maybe go for a nicer cabin with the savings... unless there isn't any because gas goes to $ 8.00 a gallon.:D

Archived