** Chicago Airport Question**

Has anybody ever flown through chicago and got a conecting flight? Next week we have a conecting flight for 7:00am, Im worried that well get stuck there or something... Anybody have this experience?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan:)

MGoBlue2 is right on target. The only time I've run into trouble at O'hare is when there has been severe weather (thunderstorms or snowstorms). However, the great thing about Chicago is that you can easily get re-routed somewhere if need be b/c there are so many flights leaving all the time.

If you get in a bind, don't hestitate to ask the gate agent or customer service rep if you can be 're-routed' in order to ultimately get to your destination. (For instance, if you are going to Houston and there are storms around DFW that are hampering your ORD-Houston flight, you might be able to catch a ORD-Phoenix flight, then a PHX-Houston flight in order to avoid the storms.)

Good Luck!

I'm sure many people here have flown in & out of Chicago with connecting flights:D Our last time there was funny...delayed by thunderstorms, only 15 minutes to make our connection to Miami. Onboard, the attendants announced gate# of the connecting flight to Miami. We checked the airport map in the airline magazine and discovered our gate was in another terminal...Oh Great! disembarked at a run and we ran to check the departure screens...only to discover that the same plane, at the same gate that we had just deplaned...was taking us on to Miami? :D :D Walked back to the boarding area.

I like O'hare, I wish we had more time to eat at that deli that smelled so good, and to look at the dinosaur fossils from the..is it Marshall or Fields museum?

O'hare is pretty good. We did have one incident during a really bad thunderstorm where we were in the air for over an hour before we landed. We circled and circled and circled....I think you get the picture. Once landed, all flights were delayed about 2 hours. That was good because we would have missed our connection had the other flight not been delayed as well. Let's just say that even though we only flew from O'hare to Indianapolis after we initially landed at O'hare, that was one of the scariest flights I have taken. The flight attendents had to remain seated the entire time!

To:bcsfd279: Unless you have weather problems, O'Hare is fine in the mornings, you should have no problem. I also live 30 min. away and use O'hare often, and really have never had a problem except in bad weather, and that's usually when other planes can't get to the airport from other cities.

To pbhunt: It's called the Natural History Museum or Field Museum where the dinosaur's are (Sue). Right now there is a Tutunkaman Exhibit. We also have (had) a Marhsall Field Department Store which has been bought out by Macy's, who will change the name. I was born, raised and live in Chicago my entire life, and without a Marshall Field store, I will feel like I've moved to another city. You should take a trip to Chicago. We have wonderful things to see, and a beautiful lake front. Along with the Field Museum,the Planitarium, Aquarium and Science Musueum rank among the country's best. Sorry for the advertisement, but Chicago is a great city.

Mary Lou

Mary Lou

Archived