Wine Charges

jig

At the risk of sounding ignorant, I'm going to ask a (silly?) question here. What exactly do you mean by "corkage charge"? Here in Australia corkage is what a BYO restaurant charges to open a bottle of wine (that you have already bought) for you. Personally, I find 5-7 pound rather expensive.

Karen

Someone who went on one of the ships recently, said it ws £7 - an awful lot less than a UK restaurant would charge.

WOW!! It's been a while since I went to a BYO restaurant but I think here it's something like $2-00.

Karen

• 1 year later...

Are P&O allowing wine on board the new Ventura. It is a huge saving on a 14 night cruise if all you pay is 7/10$ (per bottle) if that is what the current charge is. Can anyone confirm this please.

Are P&O allowing wine on board the new Ventura. It is a huge saving on a 14 night cruise if all you pay is 7/10$ (per bottle) if that is what the current charge is. Can anyone confirm this please.

We are planning to take a wine box for drinking on the balcony. I understand from the discusion on other threads that this is allowed. You only pay corkage if you consume the wine in the restaurant or one of the bars.

OK, so what is the price of the house wine in the bar or restaurant. Can't seem to get anybody who knows.

Its around £7 for a half litre carafe in the restaurant

Brian

OK, so what is the price of the house wine in the bar or restaurant. Can't seem to get anybody who knows.

Hi Jeanlyon,

I have answered this question of your on another thread here but on Ventura the oter week the prices for House Wine were £2:55/£3:75 (small/large) glass, £7:50 1/2 litre carafe, £14 1 litre carafe.

The house wines are from the Gallo family of wines I think from what I saw onboard last year.

Feebee_71 :)

I think the corkage charges on P&O currently runs at about £7:50-£10 depending on the reviews you read.

I am on Artemis tomorrow so when I get back I will post what they are currently charging.

Feebee_71 :)

Archived