Who's Your Captain & Cruise Director?

C 2 C

Ralph, thanks for the pictures...I have photos on webshots too.

I guess you were meaning your comment as a joke then?

Not sure I get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from 3/4 to 3/18 cruise on Mercury. The Captain was Nikos Frantzis (just came on 3/4). The CD was Jeff Potts. The Captain's Club Hostess was Regina (great). The Future Sales rep. was Alex (he also just came on 3/4).

I thought Masters were on a three month rotation.

Captain Nikos Frantzis was Master as recently as Dec. and was replaced by Captain Mitropolous who was (is) the regular captain.

Can anyone enlighten us?

I thought Masters were on a three month rotation.

Captain Nikos Frantzis was Master as recently as Dec. and was replaced by Captain Mitropolous who was (is) the regular captain.

Can anyone enlighten us?

When we sailed on January 29 Captain Anastasios P. Salessiotis had just come on the Mercury. He was also the Captain last September when we were on Mercury. Apparently he only stayed about 6 weeks this time.

Jerry

If you happened to be onboard right now, or just returned from a cruise, could you post the name of your Captain and ship? If you have a picture as well it would be really great if you could post it.

Why does anyone care?

Okay we just got off Galaxy. Donnel Davis is horrible!!!!! Celebrity, find another cruise director! We've sailed with Celeb since 1992 and to be honest I don't remember the earlier CD's but this guy was the worst in memory.

Of course we make our own trip but just a warning - if you get involved in activities on board, the assistant CD was great. Stick with her, of course he was never around so it really didn't matter but, honestly, he's terrible.

It is interesting that those who don't care about a thread spend the time to let us know they have enough time to waste to express their opinions about not caring.

There are enough threads for everyone to find topics of personal interest.:cool:

Okay we just got off Galaxy. Donnel Davis is horrible!!!!! Celebrity, find another cruise director! We've sailed with Celeb since 1992 and to be honest I don't remember the earlier CD's but this guy was the worst in memory.

Of course we make our own trip but just a warning - if you get involved in activities on board, the assistant CD was great. Stick with her, of course he was never around so it really didn't matter but, honestly, he's terrible.

Would you like to tell us why you think he's horrible? What did you not like about him exactly? It makes it easier to understand why you think so if you can tell us why.

I see you enjoyed Jody. How were Kevin, Charlotte, and Cassandra?

You say Donnell was never around, was there to introduce the shows each night? Was he on for the noon announcement? Most of what a CD does is behind the scenes. It's the management of all the entertainment that goes on. Were there problems with the production of the shows. Were there not activities going on during the day. What was the problem? Give us examples compared to other CDs you have sailed with.

on Millennium ...Cruise Director Derek Habraken stays on until mid-June. Captain is Zisis Taramas.

Floris

[b]SHIP            MASTER  ~ Temporary Master       DATE[/b]
Century         Theodore Mitropoulos             Jan. 2007   
Constellation   Dimitris Manetas                 Jan. 19 2007
Galaxy          Anastasiosis Lekkas              Dec 5            
Infinity        Dimitrios Kafetzis               Feb 25, 2007            
Mercury         Nikos Frantzis                   Mar 27, 2007
Millennium      Zisis Taramas                    April 2, 2007
Summit          Iannis Berdos                    Nov 11        
Zenith          Isidoros Karamaounas             Oct 28

[b]SHIP            [/b][b]CRUISE DIRECTOR    DATE[/b]
Century         Dru Pavlov         until April 2, back May 26
Constellation   Don Fluke          until April 30th
Galaxy          Donnel Davis       March 28
Infinity        Damian DeLorenzis  until April 8th
Mercury         Jeff Potts         March 27
Millennium      Derek Habraken     until April 2nd (dry dock)
Summit          Alan King          as of Feb 3rd
Zenith          Natalie Clemens    

• 3 weeks later...

Century will have a change of masters for the TA crossing, the Cruise Director changed three weeks ago with Donnel Davis moving from Galaxy to Century. I'm pretty certain that many of the names below are now enjoying their holiday elsewhere.

[b]SHIP            MASTER   ~    Temporary Master       DATE[/b]
Century         Nicolas Pagonis April 21, Theodore Mitropoulos Jan. 2007   
Constellation   Dimitris Manetas                 Jan. 19 2007
Galaxy          Anastasiosis Lekkas              Dec 5            
Infinity        Dimitrios Kafetzis               Feb 25, 2007            
Mercury         Nikos Frantzis                   Mar 27, 2007
Millennium      Zisis Taramas                    April 2, 2007
Summit          Iannis Berdos                    Nov 11        
Zenith          RIP
Journey 

[b]SHIP            [/b][b]CRUISE DIRECTOR    DATE[/b]
Century         Donnel Davis (Dru Pavlov until April 2, back May 26)
Constellation   Don Fluke          until April 30th
Galaxy          ???   Donnel Davis to Century March 28
Infinity        ??? Damian DeLorenzis  until April 8th
Mercury         Jeff Potts         March 27
Millennium      Derek Habraken     until April 2nd (dry dock)
Summit          Alan King          as of Feb 3rd
Journey
Zenith          RIP

Stewart Turnbull is now on the Galaxy

:) Hi,

We had him on MERCURY Panama full transit in December.....Not that terribly good...but not too bad.

He had told me he was going on holidays for a couple of months, do a short '' spare board '' stint somewhere and be back on Mercury for the Alaska season....

Do you think he's now on Galaxy ''long term'' ???? ( Whatever ''long term'' means for that position.....)

Cheers

:cool:

When there was the shake up on the Galaxy at the begining of the year, there was a shake up of CDs.

Stewart is doing his 4 months consisting of the current charters, then the TA, then Europe and then vacation.

Donnell Davis was to be taking over the Mercury. My guess is they made the offer to Stewart of the Galaxy or the Mercury and he choose Europe. He's done a few summers on Mercury and probably has seen enough Alaska.

John Howell is bringing out the Journey. He joined the ship in drydock and has been working with the entertainment staff getting things ready for the new ship.

Hi Rick !

That's interesting news. I didnt realize John was headed to Journey. I wish John all the best in his new assignment.

Renato Chizzola had been Hotel Manager for the Millennium for the past 2 years and recently I recieved an email that he was leaving Celebrity for a better job opportunity. Anyone know who is the Millennium's new hotel Manager? What happened to Niina,Hotel director of Constellation, is she still there?

Archived