Who's Your Captain & Cruise Director?

C 2 C

How are you you both? Glad to see that you are updating this board. How is Rick have not seen any post recently from him? Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong boards.

A question if you can give me any info. Doing the BTB on the QM2 12-24th July. What can I expect weather wise in the Atlantic?

Sue

Hi Sue:

I'm getting pretty good at predicting weather at Wimbledon.. :rolleyes:

For the North Atlantic, here is a good source.

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/

I have not seen too many of Rick's posts either. He is cruising Constellation out of Dover in September to the Baltic and transatlantic.

I personally will not book any cruise or trip that has flights connecting through the UK. The chance of flight disruption and inconvenience of non-profiling is just too great (if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck is the limit of my tolerance). Oops is that political commentary?

I've looked at Cunard for the dancing opportunities but we're becoming winter travellers. The summer and fall are just too pleasant at home.

Boy, ya'll are good with names! I was on Mercury in March and I can't

remember the Capt's name:eek: I do know he was very young, wore

glasses and he did stand on line (or is that IN line)? for the Capts Club

Cocktail Party...if you wanted your photo taken he was more than

happy to oblige (upon entering the Pavillion Club).

Actually one of my tablemates seemed to enjoy chatting with him;)

Dug out the bulletin from the first night.

Captain (Master), as previously mentioned, Kostas Patsoulas

Hotel Director Marisa Rebelo

Staff Captain Costas Nestoroudis

Food/Beverage Manager Pieter Esterhuizen

CD (as previously mentioned) Donnell Davis -- and the comment about him being a vacation relief person makes sense -- my husband observed "He seems like a temp"

Onboard Marketing Manager (a position I don't recall seeing listed before) Natasha Bryan

HR Manager Peter Hall

Her last name isn't in the bulletins but the future cruise salesperson was NATALIE.

Working on the review now. Overall, awesome crew, spectacular service, our third time on Mercury & the best yet. -- TR

Hi TR, thanks for the updates. I met Donnell.....but can't remember

when:eek: guess that might say something....LOL

Looking forward to reading your review:)

Hi Arno, would you know if Leisel on Constellation is the same

Leisel who was on Zenith? Very cute, personable, red hair, from

South Africa I think? Or near South Africa.....

What a wonderful person she is!:)

Hi Arno, would you know if Leisel on Constellation is the same

Leisel who was on Zenith? Very cute, personable, red hair, from

South Africa I think? Or near South Africa.....

What a wonderful person she is!:)

Sorry Lois, I don't know.

No biggie;) thanks anyway. Maybe one of these days I will have

the pleasure of seeing her again.

Oh, it will be a pleasure meeting you and your lovely bride in Jan 2009.

I actually bit the bullet and booked an inside on Solstice!:D :eek:

Never thought I would do it....to be on such a big ship. But it sure

does seem exciting to sail a brand new ship.

• 2 weeks later...
Arno,

Melanie Mowat will be bringing out the Quest as FCC as well

I often wonder if their compensation is based on sales. The most lucrative assignment should then be the larger ships with more potential customers.

Thanks for the info. I just wish other regulars would report back their cruise experiences for an update to the list.

I have never asked if they get any commission. Keep in mind there are a fair number of people who book then transfer the booking to their TA who gets the commission.

Most of the staff on the ships get little to no say on where they are going. HQ says go there, you go there. Once you get more seniority in a position, you get more say.

Melanie is relatively new to the position, so she goes where they tell her to go.

Whoiswhere-2.jpg

Great info, thank you! We'll be on Infinity 11/11/07. I hope Captain Demitios Kafetzis is in command. He was captain on our trans-canal holiday cruise a few years ago. At that time he was 37 years old. He is very gregarious and friendly. He was very visible around the ship. On New Year's Eve he danced with is in the disco! (yes, I'm sure someone was on the Bridge)

We were on the Century Arctic Circle and North Cape itinerary. Everyone listed in the table were the same. However, Capt. Pagonis announced that he would be leaving the Century for vacation in Helsinki during the next cruise sailing. I think that would have been on July 26.

However, Capt. Pagonis announced that he would be leaving Century for vacation in Helsinki during the next cruise sailing. I think that would have been on July 26.

It will be interesting to see if Captain Mitropoulos is his replacement.

Hi Arno.......

Don't forget to change the Millie CC Hostess from Delia to Emma . (Celebrity lost a wonderful CC Hostess in Delia !!) And, definitely agree that Captain Kafetzis is awesome !!!

M&M's

this was posted on the Azamara thread

Just returned from the 7/7 sailing.

Crew

Journey had the most friendly and visible crew of any of my prior cruises. The Master of the Vessel, Captain Anastasios Lekkas is from the Galaxy. The upper 3 or four officers are Greek but the rest of the officers are very diverse in nationality and gender. Officers, including the Captain were walking the ship and interacting with guests. I once saw the Captain in Windows Café eating lunch. I am sure he was checking up on thing but visibility and approachability mean something. Many also stated haw they loved the shipped and the message from the higher officers and crew was that they realized too many mistakes were made with the Journey rollout and that those will not be repeated with the Quest. It appears many of the top people from Journey will be moving to the Quest in the fall.So to quote Captain Lekkas “bye, for now”.

WhoisWhere-3.jpg

Lois,

Yes, Leisel from the Zenith is the same one that is now on the Constellation. We met her in June of last year traveling to Bermuda on the Zenith, and much to our surprise when we did a Caribbean cruise in October on the Constellation, we met again. What a pleasant young lady! I think she was also happy to see some familiar faces, as were we.

We're on Century now. Captain Mitropoulos indeed took over from Captain Pagonis in Helsinki. Captain Pagonis told us at the Captain's table that he and Captain Mitropoulos share command of Century on a 14-week on, 14-week off schedule. Captain Pagonis will return to Century mid-November. Dru Pavlov (from Canada) is Cruise Director, Mahalia (from The Netherlands) is the Captain's Club Hostess.

Floris

We're on Century now. Captain Mitropoulos indeed took over from Captain Pagonis in Helsinki. Dru Pavlov (from Canada) is Cruise Director, Mahalia (from The Netherlands) is the Captain's Club Hostess.

Floris

If you have a chance could you say hello to all three for us. We sailed with Mahalia last October on Century and Infinity in March. Dru has given us our most memorable trivia challenges dating back to Millennium in 2001 and Captain Mitropoulos is in the picture in my signature for our 50th Celebrity cruise in January.

Joanne and Arno

Lois,

Yes, Leisel from the Zenith is the same one that is now on the Constellation. We met her in June of last year traveling to Bermuda on the Zenith, and much to our surprise when we did a Caribbean cruise in October on the Constellation, we met again. What a pleasant young lady! I think she was also happy to see some familiar faces, as were we.

Thanks for the reply:) I hope one day I will be able to say

hello to her again as well. I totally agree with you~she is

a class act.

We're on Century now. Captain Mitropoulos indeed took over from Captain Pagonis in Helsinki. Captain Pagonis told us at the Captain's table that he and Captain Mitropoulos share command of Century on a 14-week on, 14-week off schedule. Captain Pagonis will return to Century mid-November. Dru Pavlov (from Canada) is Cruise Director, Mahalia (from The Netherlands) is the Captain's Club Hostess.

Floris

Floris, I am hoping that Captain Pagonis will be on board Century in January '08. If he comes back on board mid-November he should be, right?

I truly hope so. He is the most personable Captain we have ever met. (And crew members have said they like him so much better than the other one. That makes for a happier ship.)

Archived