Island Bus Loop "The Guana"

robsvacation

Does anyone know if you can just pay for the Island Bus Route when you get to Grand Turk? $39 for the Carnival excursion seems a little expensive and I was wondering if it was cheaper just to pay when you get there.

Also, anyone know how much is the cab fare to Governer's Beach?

Thanks in Advance!

The Island Bus Tour is only available through the ship. Some people on our cruise bought this tour and were disappointed since there is very little to see and do on this island. They complained to the excursion desk on the ship and were given a 50% refund. I may be cheaper just to grab a cab to go to different places.

• 1 month later...

Noblepa - the island bus service on Provo is called the Guana ....and that is what it is....a public bus.

On Grand Turk the "Guana" bus service is not public...you can't just get on and pay a few dollars to ride it...you have to book it as an excursion and pay just under $40 to do so. There is no regular public bus service on GT.

Skyvalkervadar...I think GT opened ealier this year....around Feb I think. Good to know you are doing some research...have you planned some neat excursions for us yet ? :)

My daughter's inlaws are having a condo built on Grand Turk. She said it is very small and not much to see there, but said they beaches are the most beautiful she's been to. Just starting to build for tourists. Here's a pic of Governor's Beach and downtown if you can see them.

governors beach.bmp

beach by road.bmp

pink house.bmp

DH, DD, I did the bus tour and loved it. You have to be willing to walk and talk to the people. That was the best part. Listening to what they have to say. We learned a lot of history. We also would love to build and retire there. Other DD Scuba dived and fell in love with it also.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived