Guavaberry???

sly

Are there any shops AT the cruise pier that sell guavaberry liquer? We are planning to spend the entire day at orient beach, and want that as the one souvineer to take home from the island.

As I've mentioned elsewhere on this board, I'd suggest that you taste it somewhere, like at the Guavaberry Emporium, to make sure that you want to carry a bottle back.

Haven't shopped at the store on the pier, so don't know if they offer tastings.

It is a unique spirit!

I agree with gtaylor that you should enjoy a tasting of guavaberry liquor (plus all the other yummy ones--like mango). We went to Guavaberry Emporium first. It's fine, but there are several other duty-free shops along the street that also have tastings and that were cheaper, especially for the mini bottles.

You don't have to skimp on your Orient time though. (We loved Orient and would spend the entire day there if we could go again; a hint: guavaberry coladas on the beach.) Just ask your taxi driver to take you downtown on the way back. My BIL wanted a Cuban cigar, so our driver took us downtown and even offered to wait while he shopped (of course, this would mean a bigger tip). You can do a little shopping and then take the water taxi or a regular taxi right back to the dock. It really is not difficult and you can choose exactly what you want.

beachchick

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a few bottles at the emporium last year. I think it was 15 bucks, and they threw in a sample bottle of other products and a nice red carrying bag. They make wonderful coladas there as well, and they throw in a souvenir cup. Can't wait to go back in less than 2 weeks!

Archived