Best Place to Rent Waverunners??

We have always like to rent them in Grand Cayman. Labadee is expensive through the ship and in Ocho Rios you don't get a big area to ride them around.

We always find somebody along 7 mile and usually pay like $45 for a 1/2 hour. You just can't beat the view and the places I have dealt with let you go just about anywhere.

Chris

I loved doing this excursion in Labadee. It was $99 for an hour and two people can go on one waverunner. It was so beautiful. When you ride up next to the ship, it is pretty amazing how big it is.

I disagree w/Labadee. We are experienced waverunner people. My parents own one and live on a lake, so we ride them every summer. We rented one once in Cancun and it was wonderful in that we went on our own (within reason) and saw what we wanted to see. The water there was clear and we saw beautiful schools of fish. I think we only paid $20 for 1/2 hour for the 2 of us on the same waverunner (that was in 1999 so my memory may fail me, but it was pretty cheap). All I know is it was gorgeous.

When in Labadee, we did the excursion and although we got to see some neat sights, we weren't impressed. You had to follow in a line of people (we were #3 or 4) and not get out of order. There were some very inexperienced people who came wayyy too close to our waverunner spraying us totally (I didn't mind getting wet, but for safety reasons, our state law says you must stay within 50 foot of another craft or 100 foot of a dock) And, there were other people who were so scared of driving the thing we had to follow them like 5mph to keep a safe distance from them. The water wasn't clear at all. We couldn't see anything. It was like being on a lake.

Personally, next time I rent a waverunner out on a trip, it will be from a vendor on a beach so we can do our own thing. Its cheaper and more fun.:)

Totally agree with vossjemi. I know when I ride them I like to go full throtle at times and take my own path as well. Labadee is not condusive to that.

Trust me, you will not find prettier waters than those off 7 mile!

Chris

i kinda of disagree with the whole no wave runner in labadee thing .. although everyone has there own opinion .. its 99 dollars in labadee but you do get quite an amount of time i think 50 minutes... and they will ask the group who wants to go fast on there waverunners and they will number you and the faster people will go in front and when i went me and my dad went full speed it was a really cool excursion that i am planning on doing again in august when i sail on the navigator .. plus the scenery in labadee is great and you can really get a closer look in to the mountains when you are on the waverunners.. Also there werent inexperienced people that were in are group they just followed along on the trail i guess its a hit or miss thing ;) i thought this excursion was great because it was lengthy,intresting and fun!!! thats just my thoughts!!

We'll be renting the waverunners in Labadee next week. Can ONLY the person who rented the waverunner use it, or can other members of the family (who are old enough) use it too? Also, can the waverunners hold 2 people? I'd love to take my 14 year old for a ride...

Thanks,

Karen

2 people can be on the waverunner. But to drive, I'm thinking you had to have a valid driver's license (not that they would ck or enforce?) But if you have 2 people it will be for the whole tour, not just part of it.

Archived