Name That Ship

MeanMachine

Here is something to completely pointless to do if you are bored. Go to Maps.Google.Com, select the Satelite image and then type in Nassau, Bahamas.

Next, find the dock where you will find two cruise ships docked. One appears to by a Carnival ship due to the Funnel that is somewhat visible through the cloud cover. Can anyone name the ship or the at least the class?

Probably can do this with any popular port...

I've done the same thing with google earth at Grand Cayman (great shot of 3 ships and the stingrays) and Cozumel (a little cloudy)_

With what program? Google Earth?

Problem is that those images are probably several years old.

With what program? Google Earth?

Problem is that those images are probably several years old.

Oh yeah, we're not looking at any recent images, I was just scouting out the ports I was going to. Though I think they may have recently updated.

The St. Maarten photo is of the Empress of the Seas. Disney ships you can see the Mickey Mouse pool and also the colors on the funnel. If you check out the New York City passenger ship terminal photo you can see the QM2 docked there as well as Celebrity Zenith.

Check out Miami there is 4 or 5 ships there when this sat. pic was taken.

Ok, I bit and took a look. Riding a boring conference call this afternoon...

I question how old some of the photos are. I can tell you that one of the CCL ships in Miami is the Elation... notice the mini golf course on the sports deck forward, which is a newer feature on CCL's Fantasy class ships. The other is another of the two Fantasy class presently based there... I'm going to GUESS it's the Imagination. I know that CCL recently announced the Fascination would be fitted with a mini golf course soon, and that's the only other Fantasy class that is based out of there.

BUT, the Elation is in port doing a turn around only on Sunday's, and I can't see where the Fascination or Imagination would be there at the same time...

Soooo... somebody smack me here... has the Imagination already been fitted with mini golf and throwing me off???

Also, to give you an idea of how old some of these photos are, you can do a search on Montego Bay, Jamaica... if you know where Sunset Beach Resort is there, take notice of the tennis courts... I believe that is where they built the waterpark that opened last October.

:) Joe

Archived