Changing Names for Cabin/Sign & Sail??

jackpine

My wife and I; and my Uncle and his wife; are taking a cruise in January and are paying to bring along our mothers. We booked the rooms so that we could get past guest discounts; meaning the names assigned to the rooms will not be the people who will actually be staying in two (2) of the three (3)rooms. There will be one person each from the two rooms swapping. We are paying for the cruise fare but not the "Sign & Sail" accounts.

To get to the question: How hard is it to change the names around for the proper assignment of "Sign & Sail" cards/rooms after we arrive at the ship? TA said not a problem, but not sure how hard it will be in actually getting it accomplished.

(I hope this makes sense!)

Does anyone have any experiences with doing this?

Actually you go to the pursers desk and requet another key to opena cabin door. The sign & sail card that you get when you check in will stay the same because of the photo id encrpted on it.

When you check in--your sign and sail page will have a place to use credit information-- have each person fill out their own.. ask for others at the desk when you sign in.

You might have to go to the other cabin to see your account on the tv.

jackpine. My family has booked 3 rooms and did the same thing as you, so we all could get the past-guest rate (we put my 3 year old daughter in with my father in law, and my mother in law with us, since they've never cruised before!)

Here's what you do (as we were told by our PVP): (I'll do my best to explain.....I'm not the greatest writer!)

When you check-in:

• Check in the way you booked your rooms (all of you should go to the same rep together, too....it's easier since you're closer to eachother)
  • make sure each person uses their own credit card for their sign & sail account. The staff will take care of this for each person in the room, this is not a problem
  • If you & your wife want to use the same credit card (as my hus band and I do), just hand that card to your wife (or vice versa) when it comes her time to check in; the cardholder will sign for responsibility)
  • When all this is done, you can rest your mind that you'll not be responsible for each others' purchases!

After you all check in:

• You'll get on the ship
  • All of you go right to the Purser's Desk together
  • This is where they can adjust who is actually staying in each room, back to "normal" or "actual" (you and your wife together, your uncle and his wife together, and the mother's together; if that's the way you plan)

The credit-card info will "follow" the person to whichever room they go to.

Hope this helps! Have a great time.

Thanks cruisinMImom, looks like that would be the best way to do it.

No problem!

I'm sailing soon (August 24th) and if I find this to be different, I'll post again. It should all go smoothly :rolleyes: ! I think the worst part may be that we may have to wait in line for a couple minutes at the purser's desk! I think alot of people do the same thing!

I was concerned that this "switching" would be a nitemare for the staff at the purser's desk, but was assured by my PVP that they will have no problems and that they do this all the time!

Archived