Newbies with questions...

TonyP

My wife and I are Seadream first timers. We have done the big boats (X, RCCL, PCL) and wanted something special and romantic for our 25th annivesary. We are booked on the Seadream II for the back to back Xmas/New Years cruises and were wondering if someone could help us out with a few questions.

I have lurked about for some time and see there are quite a few regulars with great insights and excellent advice so we know we have come to the right place for answers.

It appears we have been assigned to Stateroon 215 (so far at least). I noticed it has an odd layout. Anyone have any pictures? Able to enlighten me on the room? Good cabin, great cabin, interesting cabin?

This is also a first for us in terms of both a small upscale cruise experience and for cruising over the holidays. Can any help us out with what to expect on Board festivities and in port on Xmas, Boxing Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day? I figure on beaching, sunning and consuming my fair share of champers but wondered about Seadream/Caribbean holiday traditions and taking in the various islands over the holidays.

Thank you in advance,

TonyP

TonyP,

Welcome to the board and congratulations on finding SeaDream. My guess is that after your Holiday cruise you won't be going back to the other ships.

I can help with the stateroom 215 question. That's configured for handicapped passengers and has a larger than usual bathroom (with a bathtub if I recall correctly). We haven't stayed in it but did look at it once and it looked fine to us.

As to your other questions, we have not been aboard during the Christmas/New Year's holidays so can't give you any input as to onboard festivities during that time of year. I'll leave that to others who have had that experience.

Have a great cruise.

TonyP,

Welcome to the board and congratulations on finding SeaDream. My guess is that after your Holiday cruise you won't be going back to the other ships.

I can help with the stateroom 215 question. That's configured for handicapped passengers and has a larger than usual bathroom (with a bathtub if I recall correctly). We haven't stayed in it but did look at it once and it looked fine to us.

As to your other questions, we have not been aboard during the Christmas/New Year's holidays so can't give you any input as to onboard festivities during that time of year. I'll leave that to others who have had that experience.

Have a great cruise.

I have also looked at it - but I recall it having a roll in shower - not a bathtub. The room is very much larger as well.

I agree that I am betting you will become a regular once you have tried SeaDream once. I originally thought that I would treat myself to a once-in-a-lifetime voyage - and have been back twice a year for 3 years now- and have not stepped foot on another line since. SeaDream does it all for me.

Welcome TonyP!

Adding to what Ctbjr and surfklutz have already said ... we haven't stayed in stateroom 215. Once you have sailed on SD it will very very difficult to go back to the larger and mass market lines.

Our DD, who will be 14 in November and just finished reading "Skipping Christmas" and watching "Christmas with the Kranks," has suggested we cruise for Christmas and New Year's. We wouldn't dream of taking her on SD so I mentioned going back to RCCL, Princess or X to DH. You would have thought that I asked him to move to the moon:eek: Needless to say the holidays will be spent locally this year.

I am sure that SD will make sure that you have a wonderful holiday season!

Archived