Sailing Superbowl Sunday!

blanquita79

Yep - we are in the same boat too - no pun inteneded.

This will be our 3rd cruise that is during the Super Bowl - that time of year works really well for us. But what is different this time is that we are leaving from Ft. Lauderdale - and the Super Bowl is in Miami :eek: .

!

Actually, the stadium may be closer to Ft. Lauderdale than to downtown Miami. The stadium is almost right on the Miami-Dade/Broward county line.

All of south Florida will be a mess. Prepare for heavy crowds in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami.

Yep - we are in the same boat too - no pun inteneded.

This will be our 3rd cruise that is during the Super Bowl - that time of year works really well for us. But what is different this time is that we are leaving from Ft. Lauderdale - and the Super Bowl is in Miami :eek: . Last year we were worried about being able to see the game since we would be out at sea. Being from Pittsburgh....missing the game was NOT an option ....lol. Thank goodness for good satellite connections!

After we booked this cruise I started looking in to airfare and hotels and it took me a while to figure out why everything was so expensive - or already booked. Duh....SUPER BOWL :o . We have since decided to go with Carnival air - it is no more expensive that what we can get on our own, we do not have to worry about a room the night before - and we will have guaranteed transportation to the port. Hopefully we contiune to have good luck - flying in the day of. :rolleyes: (fingers and toes crossed...lol)

Oh well, silly me - I never stopped to think about where the Super Bowl was this year. I guess I'm a little worried too - even in Ft. Lauderdale I expect things will be a little crazy. I just hope that it all works out. I figure once we get to the ship we will really be ready for that first DOD !

Well just for the record - an update...now we are flying in and out of Orlando. Found GREAT airfare - 138/pp/RT - non stops. So even with the rental car and the hotel we are WAY ahead of the 379/pp that Carnival wanted. :D Not flying in the day of is a bonus too.

I figure we will just head to the port early - in hopes that the Super Bowl partying crowd is still sleeping ;) . But in reality I am prepared to all of south Florida to be a mess - so we will just make the best of it.

• 4 weeks later...

quotee=Au48]Carnival will NOT be offering transfers to ships departing Miami or Fort Lauderdale during the week of the Super Bowl.

Make sure you have transportation arranged through another outlet AHEAD of time. Taxi cabs will be hard to come by during that weekend.

:confused: We too made our arrangements before we knew it was super bowl weekend, had to change our flight, we leave Denver at midnight and get into Ft Lauderdale at 5:30 am, any suggestions on transportation? I have a car rented, but sounds like that might even be iffy, if they don't honor reservations. Do you think there will be taxis or what should I try to do?

How early is too early to get to the Port of Miami? Thanks!

Also does any one have any recomendations for hotel in Ft Lauderdale area (with airport transfers) Thanks again!

We leave on Saturday 2/3 out of Miami on the Imagination. We also did not realize it was super bowl weekend. We are also wondering the same thing, how crowded it will be. We have air through Carnival (it was the cheapest we could find) so we fly the same day as we cruise.

Someone mentioned that Carnival does not offer transfers does this mean everyone? or are we OK because we booked with Ccl? I guess we will deal with the crowds,it was well worth it because the cruise price dropped 3 times anymore they would be paying us to go:)

I guess you are going to miss the Bronco's winning the superbowl, hehehe! OK hold back boys no mean comments, I was just joking, kinda!!!!! Sorry I did not answer your question. I just felt the need to be silly.

c'mon- Jay could still pull through :)

Archived