Electrical outlets Veendam?

sirarthur

I just got back from a Veendam cruise to ALASKA.(7/23). We had a category K, inside cabin. I have a CPAP machine (breathing Machine) that I needed to hook up by the bed but there was only one electrical outlet (over there dressing table.) So, I had to use an adapter and string a long extension cord to the side of the bed. Are all the cabins like this? My DW won a 7 day Carribean cruise on the Veendam out of Tampa playing BINGO, and we are trying to decide on cabin for a December cruise and were wondering if other cabins had more outlets.:)

Most all the inside and outside cabins on the S- and R-class ships are like this. I don't know about the veranda---and up---cabins. I do know that in the mini-suites it's more difficult since the bed is at a ninety degree angle to the outlet. The cord has to cross the open floor, making a tripping hazard.

There is at least one K-cabin on the Rotterdam that has a second outlet by the bed; I was surprised that the same cabin on the Volendam did not. I'll see if the same cabin on the Zaandam has that second outlet when I sail in October.

I've used a CPAP for years, so I just bring along an extension cord. I place it on the ledge over the bed, then usually ask the steward to tape the cord down along the wall so it stays in place and out of the way.

If you have things to recharge at night then also bring (or ask for) a power strip.

There's a 110v and a 220v outlet. If you're equipment can (either manually or automaticly) switch between the two you'll need a plug adaptor for a european outlet. Also bring an extension cord or power strip. I carry an extension cord in my CPAP bag since you can never count on an open power outlet next to the bed in any hotel or ship. I also have a euro-style extension cord for ships and trips to the continent as well as plug adaptors and transformers.

Its best to reasearch before you go so you're aware of what options you'll have when you arrive.

Archived