Newbie Cruiser - help needed

paula1206

Hi all

I am going on my first ever cruise next week...Star Princess, Baltic Cruise. Just need to know about room facilities..do they supply tea/ coffee making facilities, water etc or do I have to use room service??? Thanks, from an ever so excited Paula!!:) :)

Princess does not have in-cabin tea/coffee makers.

Bottled water is available, for purchase.

The ship's water is fine for all but the most sensitive of tummies. It is purer than most municipal water supplies in the US.

Enjoy your cruise.

For your morning coffee, you can also go to the Horizon Court (buffet) and get some at about any time. I usually carry 2 travel mugs with me, pick up coffee and bring some back for my dh who is really not a morning person! Room service is convenient, but I never know when I'm going to get up. Have a wonderful trip.

if you go up to the Horizon Court (buffet area).

But to make it more convenient if your cabin is at midship or forward part of the ship, bring a thermos with you for refill if you would like to drink in your room. If your cabin is anywhere near the AFT elevators, it's an easy ride up the elevator to the Horizon Court.

They offer a wide selection of tea. I love their Jasmine tea (tea bags). You can make your own ice coffee or ice tea from your favorite tea bags.

In our experience room service has always been very quick (15 minutes or less) so I would recommend it for coffee and juices. It is free although we usually keep a few dollar bills in our drawer and tip the waiter when he delivers.

Happy First Cruise!! :D

We were on the Caribbean Princess and ordered coffee and danish from Room Service every morning. It never took longer than 10 minutes to get our order. Water was fine straight from the tap.

Enjoy your cruise!:D

Bath robes are available. Just ask your room steward for one when you see him/her on your first day. It might take them a few hours to get you one, but you'll get one with no problems! You can also go online to the cruisepersonalizer page on princess.com and indicate in your preferences folder that you would like a robe in your room!

Room Service for coffee. We drink a lot of coffee (yes Princess does not have the best). I had many pots delivered to me every day. It came quickly and was hot. Make sure you ask for cream if you use it.

I usually meet my cabin steward before I do anything. Just tell him/her you would like robes and they will appear.

FYI I make sure I have lots of singles in my night table drawer ready for my room service steward. It makes it easier for me to get to, when my wake-up breakfast is delivered with my coffee :D

Hey Psee just thought I would say hello to you. We met on the Star Princess.

thanks for all your help!! one more question, do i need to bring a bath robe? might be a daft question, but trying to save on luggage allowance. someone told me they thought they were available??

Paula, did you mean a daft or draft question? (just kidding) :D

Robes, extra pillows, fruit bowls, snacks, and other amenities are available by asking your cabin steward or calling room service.

Enjoy!

Hi Shifra! Was very nice to meet you two on the Star! Sorry we didn't have time to get better aquainted (hosting a family reunion for my mom). Sun Princess eh? Cool, we'll be right behind you in November... :)

hi all

Again thank you for your speedy replies...good to get info from the experts!! I am getting so excited I cant sleep...feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!!:) :) . No doubt I'll have more questions before I leave!! Thanks again!!

PS :D:D at the "draft" question!!

thanks for all your help!! one more question, do i need to bring a bath robe? might be a daft question, but trying to save on luggage allowance. someone told me they thought they were available??
You can request either a cotton or terry robe. Both are available.

Bath robes are available. Just ask your room steward for one when you see him/her on your first day. It might take them a few hours to get you one, but you'll get one with no problems! You can also go online to the cruisepersonalizer page on princess.com and indicate in your preferences folder that you would like a robe in your room!

can't find the preferences folder? Is it hidden somewhere??

Archived