Stateroom Decorations

Has anybody done the "Just Married" stateroom decorations? We are going on our honeymoon cruise in October on the Navigator and I was curious as to what they looked like and if it was worth the money or not? Anyone have any thoughts?? :)

I think it depends on how you value things. I would not bother to spend $29 on a couple of paper decorations, but it would mean the world to the next person. If I felt like putting up a decoration (Just Married!) on the cabin door, I'd probably just go get one from my local card shop/party shop and tape it up. Be aware the sometimes the decorations do get stolen if they are on the outside of the door.

Here's a link to the photos:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Stateroom%20Decoration%20Photo%20Gallery.pdf

BTW, Congratulations!

Edit to add: If it were me, I'd spend the $29 on a nice formal portrait of the two of you, something you can keep the rest of your life!

I think I'm going to do this and I can't really explain why other than we are going to have been married for less than 24 hours I will want to shout it out every 5 seconds, so why not have streamers?? Plus I'm just a really festive person and streamers make me happy :D

When people ask about decorations and room in their luggage for decorations they want to bring with them instead of spending 30 bux....... Look at it like this.

You just spent 20k on your wedding lets say....and then you paid 2k for your cruise, is the 30 bux gonna break you if it makes you happy and excites your spouce to see it. Plus, if you did it yourself you need to buy it at a card shop and carry it on the plane and then the ship and worry about it getting bent or whatever. Its just so much easier to say.... "Hello RCI, I would like to order the honeymoon decorations" and thats it, they will be in the room when you get there waiting for you. Plus you dont know what it will look like so it will surprise you too.

So, many people ask if they are worth it. I say yes. I did it twice and my wife smiled from ear to ear when we got to the cabin.

Price of Airplane tix.... 500

Price of cruise..........2000

Price of seeing your spouce smile with excitement for 30 dollar decorations...... PRICELESS !!!!!!!

I'd do the nice pix and the wine. After all the $$ you spent a few more will create lifetime memories.

Good Luck and Congrats !!

I think personality also plays into this. I happen to LOVE to decorate for parties. Every cruise we've been on so far, has been in September, and always includes DH's birthday. I always bring decorations: streamers, balloons, pop-ups, a door banner, etc. and while he's getting his birthday massage up in the spa, I sneak down to the cabin and go to work. But again, I absolutely love doing it, especially when I just know what the look on his face is going to be when he sees it. (funny, he never expects it and has always been surprised) And I probably end up spending close to $30, but I get to make it a little more special and personal :) and it's really no big deal to bring it in your luggage. Only wish I could bring helium so the balloons would stay up without being taped to the walls lol...

There's so little space in the cabins, decorations would just make it feel smaller! I would spend the $$ on a nice bottle of wine, or something like that--rather than streamers and such!

Lol I was literally just thinking the same exact thing after opening the link in the above posting. unless you have a large stateroom, I'd imagin that's the effect decorations would have...

For myself and my bf, we ordered the Anniversary package on our upcoming NCL cruise which includes dinner in one of the specialty restaurants, wine, strawberries, and a picture among other things, instead of going w the decorations. The price was $79 but worth it in my eyes.

I ordered the Aniversary decorations for my DH and I back this past April. The decorations didn't look anything like the ones pictured. I also ordered the small cake. It was soooo good. The only thing I regret is not ordering the cake earlier in our cruise so that I would have had more time to finish it.:D

golfer1966, With that type of thinking, why not just throw $20 bill off the balcony!

It all boils down to what is important to you and you alone. For her, it sounds festive, for me, it sounds like more trash to throw away :)

Like the original poster ... I LUV decorations! :p

Any time my hubby goes out of town for more than a few nights, he comes home to a decorated house with baloons and streamers! :D

It always makes him smile! ;)

I was thinking of doing the same thing for my cruise with Mom ... except I was thinking of having one of the vases of roses/flowers there, with a loving message to her about this being a super Mother/daughter cruise.

Question: if I were to get a vase of flowers, would we find them constantly getting in the way?

I know the rooms aren't too big, but I don't know if there's a table next to the sofa or somewhere we could put them where we wouldn't constantly be moving them or knocking them over. {We're in a stateroom with a balcony.}

Thoughts?

Thanks and HUGz! Jules

Has anybody done the "Just Married" stateroom decorations? We are going on our honeymoon cruise in October on the Navigator and I was curious as to what they looked like and if it was worth the money or not? Anyone have any thoughts?? :)

We ordered the Anniversary decorations on our cruise and they never seemed to be in the way (however that was on CCL in a suite). But I saw a balcony room with the door open and the similar decor and it didn't seem to take up too much space. Personally, I think the $30 is worth it to make an already special occasion a little moreso.

I decorated our cabin door, and it was pretty much left alone until the last night when someone (probably some mischevious kid:rolleyes: ) took one of the streamers off. The door decor garnered alot of smiles and "Happy Anniversaries" and "We love your door" comments from our fellow pax. Maybe these pics will give you some idea...(hope the links work)

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Have a great cruise!

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=45774984/PictureID=1365707167/a=56504515_56180050/t_=56504515

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=45774984/PictureID=1365707700/a=56504515_56180050/t_=56504515

I'm getting the Anniversary decorations as a silly surprise for my DH. I thought it would be a fun way to celebrate and do something special. I also ordered the cake and wine/strawberries. I think it's a great way to celebrate. I would not put it in my luggage because I don't want him to see. This way it is set up and truly a surprise. I remember seeing it on Voyager in 2004 and looked at my now DH at the time saying...awww!!! :)

Lol I was literally just thinking the same exact thing after opening the link in the above posting. unless you have a large stateroom, I'd imagin that's the effect decorations would have...

For myself and my bf, we ordered the Anniversary package on our upcoming NCL cruise which includes dinner in one of the specialty restaurants, wine, strawberries, and a picture among other things, instead of going w the decorations. The price was $79 but worth it in my eyes.

We're doing the Grand Romance Packace for this trip since it's the Gradu-Birthd-versary gift for us both (I graduated college in May plus both our birthdays and our annaversary)

I agree that it really is up to the person buying it whether it's worth it or not...for my just the thought of a bottole of Champagne being in our room when we board makes me giddy...I love finding thing, even if I know they're going to be there...hehehe

golfer1966, With that type of thinking, why not just throw $20 bill off the balcony!

It all boils down to what is important to you and you alone. For her, it sounds festive, for me, it sounds like more trash to throw away :)

I'm not saying to just throw money away, but it is a memorable occasion, so why not go all out if you can. Its just another 30 or so bux. Like I said...IMO I would not pack this stuff and hang it myself. Its easier to call RCI and hav ethem do it is all. Lighten up....

We didn't think of it, but a family member bought the honeymoon package decorations for us back in '98. Because of our cabin location, we never would've found our room half the time if it wasn't for the decorations on the door. Drop a "hint" to your friends and family and have them get the decor as a gift to you.

Question: if I were to get a vase of flowers, would we find them constantly getting in the way?

Thoughts?

Thanks and HUGz! Jules

Your desk top is about the size of an end table, perhaps a bit larger, around 18 X 30. There is not really a whole lot of space, but flowers would look pretty :) . I'd do no more than a bud vase. They usually put an ice bucket on a tray with a couple of empty glasses on the desk top. There may be water, cokes (if there is no fridge) on the desk top, sometimes a binder with ship info, we move all this extraneous stuff onto the ledge, over the mirror.

It really depends on how much extra stuff you have with you, these tiny cabins have closets a little larger than coat closets for clothes hanging, a couple of drawers, a couple of shelves inside the closet, enough space in the bathroom for toiletries. There is usually a small safe inside the closet. A large portion of the shelving is also taken up with life jackets. You will also have a small coffee table and a table on each side of the bed (used to separate beds when they are made into twins. I think the end tables are around a square foot, sometimes with a shelf or a drawer.

Standard cabins are kind of like a large walk-in closet, it somehow works, you don't really need much more than your clothes, toiletries a small first aid kit and a camera for a cruise vacation. After we unpack, we put our suitcases under the bed, there is really no floor space for them. We take along a shoe holder that hangs inside the closet, for shoes, we don't want those on the floor, either, it's annoying to trip over stuff as there is just enough room for passage in the (standard) cabin, suites have more space, outside and inside cabins (even balcony cabins) are pretty much the same square footage.

I can't help but peek into some cabins while walking down the hallways (I know, I'm too nosey) and some are horribly cluttered :eek: , especially when there are bunk beds lowered. We like tidy, our cabin steward probably thinks they have already cleaned our room and forgot ;) .

Archived