suesue25

I am planning my first cruise in April 07 with my 17yr old daughter. I am currently looking at the Sensation cruise on April 15th. When is the best time to book this cruise ? (rate wise) should I wait untill time gets close to get a lower rate ?

Book ASAP with at least a deposit, if you use a TA - get it in writing that any decreases will be passed on to you, if you book directly with Carnival they will do that for you, but either way, you need to monitor pricing, and call them to get the decrease - this way you are also protected agains an increase. If you wait too long, you might not be on board;) make sure you book during a sale, they happen regularly...

suesue - welcome!!! I think you will truly enjoy your cruise experience. In regard to your question, it pays to book as early as possible. You lock in that price. If it should go up, you have the lower price. If it should go down (and there is a good chance that it will) you will enjoy the reduction.

We have always booked directly with Carnival through a Personal Vacation Planner (PVP). This makes communication with CCL easier. You will need to monitor the price of your cruise, however, and inform CCL of reductions.

All the best, and again, WELCOME!

Welcome to CC!

This is just me, but I try to book as early as possible. I watch the prices on the major cruise sites to see if they drop. I also book with a PVP where I will have more of a direct contact with CCL.

Happy cruise choosing!:p

Yeah was informed of that, I have been doing some reading , Cruise Vacations for Dummies , and there are alot of things I didnt know about cruising

That's okay, most of us still have question even after having been on several cruises! :)

I'd go ahead and book. I use a PVP. I'd book on a day of a sale such as today. Or on most Weds and Thurs. Then don't forget special rates such as military. Then watch the pricing thru the Carnival website for reductions. I have 3 cruises booked and none have gone down since I booked them, one has gone up.

If you looke at the rates for April, you'll notice the cabin prices drop a bit after the 20th. These guys aren't dumb, and are taking advantage of Spring break. Unless that's what you had in mind, you might want to book a week or two later than you mentioned. We have booked for the second time for the end of April, and it has worked out well, and there's still LOTS of kids on board.:)

I also agree... you are talking spring break AND a shorter less expensive cruise, it fills up quick!!!! Our Sensation cruise NOT during spring break, during the offseason, sold out several months in advance... the prices went up, not down.

Archived