The dreams have begun!

We're 8 weeks out from our NOS cruise.

Last night I dreamt that we boarded and tried to cast off twice (we were helping with the lines, I'm sure that comes from owning a (much smaller) boat) and finally got underway.

Dh ended up having an in-depth conversation with Graham Seymour (I have no idea if this is his name, I think so?) and almost got into an argument with him.

I started wandering the top deck and then saw DH swimming laps in the pool. I was yelling at him to "Get out! We've forgotten to make our Chops/Portofinos ressies".

And the weirdest thing of all? The ship was nearly empty. We were actually bummed because part of the fun of the cruise is people-watching, meeting new folks, etc.

I was pretty disappointed to wake up this morning!

Who else is dreaming or had funny pre-cruise dreams?

Were we four of the few on board?

We would be the ones in the hot tub with the Foo Foo drinks:D

We will be making our reservations for Chops & Portifinos first thing when we arrive!

You have to say 'yes' or I'll be the one having nightmares about missing the ship!:eek:

K

I'm about three weeks out, and it's all I can do to concentrate at work. All I think about is relaxing on the balcony with my wine and cheese tray....My son just handed me a $5300.00 bill for grad school, and all I did was giggle, nothing can get me down now....

Before I vacation I ALWAYS have dreams of being late for my flight.

That is so funny. Sitting at work today, my phone rings, & my cruising buddy says, before I can even say hello, "I missed the plane & didn't bring luggage!!" That was the dream she had. I told her not to worry because I would not let her miss the plane & she can wear some of my cloths :D

Barbara from Philly

I always have a variation on the same dream in the weeks before any major trip:

I'm usually doing laundry or something, and DH comes in and tells me it's time to leave for the airport. Of course, I've forgotten all about our cruise (yeah right !! :p) and I haven't packed a thing. But for some reason it's absolutely ESSENTIAL that I keep DH from realizing this. So I just casually tell him to go get the car started while I grab my bags. Then the panic sets in . . . I'm racing around like a madwoman, indiscriminately stuffing anything I can lay my hands on into the first suitcase I find, wondering how much longer I dare take before DH starts to suspect something.

The funny thing is that these dreams seem so darn real that they always wake me up, heart pounding and stomach churning. Not fun. But, of course . . . not enough to make me stop cruising. :D

Okay, I'm in a wacky enough mood to share one of mine (must be all the caffeine I've had today). I dreamt we were at the pier, sitting on outdoor couches, just lounging about. Then, suddenly, the ship had moved to an entirely different port and we had to race down the freeway to catch it. But, as fast as we went, we never caught up. We were getting close...so close...when the cat licked my face and I woke up. I can always count on my furry alarm clock!

And my cruise isn't until January!! Wow, I can't believe I just posted that...

Archived