Verandah deck

itzkaren

We're sailing on the Carnival Pride.......we have 3 rooms on the Verandah deck.......balcony room 7107 and connecting 7105.....and another room down the hall....from the pictures of the deck.......that looks like it's rather high up...and up front......good or bad?!?

Any thoughts on ship movement, noise, access to activities, etc? Would love to hear from others that have been in this section of the ship

Thanks!

itzkaren

Hello, my husband and I sailed on the Pride last year out of Port Canaveral. It was our first cruise and my husband has trouble with sea sickness (so he says :). We had a balcony on the Panorama Deck towards the back. My husband was in the "mens room" when we began pulling out of port and I yelled to him that we were moving and he didn't believe me...until he came out and saw for himself. You could detect very little movement from the ship with the exception of the last day when we were hitting bad weather with 30 - 40 ft swells. The ship moved....but still...it wasn't like it was severely rocking back and forth...and that was on all levels. Though you are supposed to detect the least movement in the lower levels we seem to feel the "bumps" more. I think you will enjoy your room with it being higher as well....the view is completely different! We actually booked a cruise on the Miracle which is sister to the Pride because we loved the ship so much. Enjoy your room and your cruise!

veranda deck is just great we were on her 2 years ago also on the veranda deck midships and loved it. The slight rocking is great to lull you to sleep I thought the ship was beautiful, hubby thought a little dark at first next to other carnival ship we were on but it grew on him:)

Archived