Formal & Lobster Nights on Recent Mariner/ Western Caribbean

UTVOLS

Hi Everyone!

We're getting ready to pack for our upcoming cruise on the Mariner...Western Caribbean....

Can anyone tell us which nights are formal nights and which night is Lobster night?

Thanks so much!:)

Ditto on Football season and Thank you for mentioning that website! It was really wonderful!:)

Couldn't find a listing for lobster night though and wanted to book Chops for a night other than lobster night. Anyone? Anyone?

Hi!

I hope your tirp is great. Typically, lobster night is the 2nd formal night and the 2nd formal night is usually the night before your last full day on board. Since the Mariner sails on Sundays, you can expect the Formal nights to beMonday and Friday with the lobster on Friday. Although I was on the Mariner a couple of years ago, that is how it was. Hope this helps.

Patty

I don't understand why lobster night is such a big deal. It is warm water spiney lobster, not the good stuff from the north east (Maine) and it really is not that good. It is kind of rubbery and dry and you have to ask for drawn butter. I guess coming from New England I expect more. Just an opinion, not a flame.

LOL!!!

I actually don't eat lobster, but am asking for the sake of my family members who love the little guys! I suppose when you come from a land locked state, your palate is not as particular as those who can scoop them up in their own backyard.

I understand your comment completely though! I am a lover of Blue BELL (NOT Blue Bunny) ice cream. It is from Brennam, TX and only distributed in Southern states as far North as Southern NC and Tennessee. If folks were to rave about Ice Cream Night onboard, I would have a hard time getting excited unless they were serving Blue Bell!

Cute point about storing thousands of live lobsters on board....Could be the makings of a new movie! Anyone seen "Snakes on a Plane!" HA!

I hope they're not live (the lobsters, that is!) It's only the tail! A few years ago, lobster night was pretty good. The lobster tail was good sized and you got a ramikin of drawn butter. However, IMO, the entire dining experience has gone downhill. Part of the draw in cruising was the exemplary food! Now, it's fine, but nothing special. Too bad.

Aggie0811,

Wish I could send you a scoop of one of the 5 flavors we have in our freezer now! Which would be your preference? Homemade Vanilla, Cookies and Cream, Dutch Chocolate, Homemade Vanilla with Strawberries, or Peanut Brittle?:)

Thread got so much better when you started talking ice cream instead of refuse eating underwater bugs! LOL. Wish I could help with which night is lobster night, but I don't eat the nasty (JMHO) things, and don't remember what night it was. Hope you have half as much fun on Mariner as I did, if so, you'll be talking about your cruise from then on. Happy sailing!

Archived