post land tour

txracefan

What about renting a car on your own and seeing the sights at your own pace??? Save some $$$$. We will be doing that ourselves next time. Land tour was nice, but pretty expensive and your not able to stop and spend a lot of time at places you may want to see. You must adhear to the tour schedule.

We're staying up another week........rented a car and have it all organized but it took a LOT of time; we've been to AK many times, so I knew what I want to show my grown daughter. It will be HER first time up there.

Leaving Saturday.....................yea!!!!!!!

Yes, land tours are pricing and lacking in the least offered for the money. And 3 days is not enough time, if it includes Denali Park???

I too suggest you go independent, very simple to go on your own and easy to arrange. Few roads and little variation for routing. Just allow enough time. If your husband wants lake fishing, you need to research this for a fly in. Otherwise the Kenai offers spectacular, fishing out of Seward, Homer, and on the Kenai and Russian Rivers.

This board is loaded with experts for touring advice with accurate information, if needed.

Archived