Shuttle or Taxi from FLL to Port of Miami

Anatresia

My husband and I are going on a cruise that leaves on Easter Sunday. I got an incredible rate on our flight, but we fly into Fort Lauderdale at midnight.

I'm not really sure where to proceed from there and I'm hoping I can use the wisdom of the board members to help me out.

Should we book a hotel near FLL and then take a shuttle into Miami in the morning? Should we take a taxi into Miami? If we rented a car for the 12 hours or so, would we be able to pick up at FLL and return at the Port?

Are there shuttles available that late at night to take us into Miami, to get a hotel there?

What would all of you do?

If anyone knows of any good shuttle services, would you please email me at tracyfitzery@adelphia.net? Thanks SO much in advance!

(This is our first cruise!)

Tri County Airport Express shuttle service runs 24/7. Cost to Miami $18 per person. http://floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

My choice would be to take the shuttle to the Marriott Biscayne Bay for the night. Get a good nights rest and take a cab on the 5 minute ride to Port of Miami.;)

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/MIABB

I have the same question that Anatresia is posing, but we are cruising in Jan 07. The rates at the Marriott Biscayne Bay are very steep $359 per night. Do you know how to get a lower rate than that for just one room for one night? Can you recommend any other hotels?

Archived