Has anyone figured out method of Carnival cruise pricing?

MaryAnnKacz

Recently booked 4 night Fantasy 8-24-06 for $738.00 for 3 in cabin including tax and port charges. I thought this was a steal. Price was almost $900.00 day before I booked which was within last 2 weeks. In recent days price has gone up again. This is for Inside cabin. Usually do Inside guarantee. So I guess no chance for upgrade on this. We always book the cheapest cabin, it allows us to afford more cruises per year. A lot of our cruises have been late August, early September, hurricane season. Thus the low prices. Now looking at 4 night cruise for January. Prices seem to be a little higher than we have paid before in January. Do prices usually go down a couple of months before? We usually book last minute, within a month of sailing, so have gotten really good deals. Any one have an insight on price drops and increases and why? Also, how do people get these upgrades? It doesn't seem like Carnival goes by past guest or past # of cruises. The only upgrades we have gotten is from Riviera to Main, still inside deck. Still waiting for that day when they tell us we have been upgraded to OV.

I have taken 9 cruises to date- only one has ever came down in price all the rest sailed at a higher rate then we paid. Not all cruises come down in price.We book over 18 months in advance so we get the cheaper price. If you know now that you want to cruise in January--book now and watch prices.

Archived