Great WW Cake (if you feel like you just need cake)

Hi all, Jessi here. I'm new to this thread and am loving it. I am however, not new to weight loss attempts and am not really loving the whole 'losing process'. If i could do it all again, I'd never have eaten so darn many oreos as a child. I am on Weight Watchers and was wondering if anyone had tried this recipe. I absolutely love it and sometimes you are in a mood where you just need a piece of cake (cravings work in mysterious ways).

Basically, take a boxed cake mix (I have only used White, Yellow, and Chocolate, haven't tried any other types, although I'm sure they'd work as well, I usually just get the one lowest in fat and calories) and you follow the package directions, except, instead of the eggs, oil, etc, just substitute a can (12 ounces) of diet soda (I use diet Sierra mist or diet sprite). So all you mix together is the cake mix, and the diet soda. It tastes just like when you make the cake regularly and it is amazingly good. If you want frosting, just cover it with Fat Free Cool Whip or reduced fat Cool Whip. It is just like a regular frosted cake and it's only like 1-2 WW points (depending, of course on how large the pieces are, I cut it into 24 pieces in a standard baking pan). I made this for a friend's birthday and everyone was asking me for the recipe.

I'll give it a shot. DW and I are lifetime, but we're going to try to take off some extra before our October cruise. I'd like to be 10 pounds below goal to give me self some breathing room.

That's sounds really good! I am going to try it. Another good recipe I have for WW is Pumpkin Muffins.

You take either a Devil's Food cake mix or Spice cake mix and add a small can of pumpkin. Not pumkin pie mix, but pure pumkin. Mix that together with 1/4 cup of water or 1egg white. Pour mixture into paper cups in cupcake pan and bake until done. They are wonderful and only 2 pts per muffin.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived