Is Zenith being retired?

GiniB

Just read a few of the reviews of the Zenith and saw a rumor I'm wondering about. Does anyone know if it's true that the Zenith bookings beginning in 2007 will actually be moved to another ship? One of the reviews mentions that they will and I'm curious.

at this point and as far as rumors about ship deployments, etc., you really have to wait until an annoucement is made. Also, the Bermuda bookings could be transferred to another ship in the Celebrity fleet however they would have to make a change in the ports it docks in Bermuda as Zenith is the only ship that can dock in Hamilton.

Just read a few of the reviews of the Zenith and saw a rumor I'm wondering about. Does anyone know if it's true that the Zenith bookings beginning in 2007 will actually be moved to another ship? One of the reviews mentions that they will and I'm curious.

Zenith shows bookings into April 2008. I doubt anything will change because Celebrity has no other ships that are not busy already. I can't see anything happening until new ships come onstream starting in the Fall of 2008. At that time drydock schedules might dicatate when Zenith leaves for other duties.

From the Celebrity website:

4 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

on board Zenith spacer.gif

Destination: Caribbean. Prices starting from 349.00 USD on 01-Nov-2007 Cruise Ports: Tampa, Florida, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, Cozumel, Mexico, Tampa, Florida 2007 Departure Dates: Nov 01, 15, 29; Dec 13 2008 Departure Dates: Jan 10, 24; Feb 07, 21; Mar 06, 20; Apr 03

We were on Zenith in July and talked to our waiter about our "return" trip in 2008. He said he was signing a 2 year contract with Zenith and beyond that he said he would be on a different ship. We are currently booked for Zenith in March 2008 and plan a late summer Bermuda on Zenith 2008. We had also heard on board rumors that 2008 would be last sailing. Too bad because we just discovered her and LOVE her!!!

Zenith certainly fills the bill for anyone wanting to cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity. We plan to do just that at the end of September - while we still can.

It's hard to see her sticking round in the X fleet once Solstice and Equinox arrive in 2008 and 2009. Throw in a third Panamax in 2010 and I'm sure Zenith will have joined her sister in another cruise line by then.

Certainly that'll be the end of docking in St. George and probably Hamilton as well. Another megacruise to the Dockyard I suppose.

Archived